jinnipen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all
Just joined. Planning on returning briefly to UK and wanted to find out about current knife laws and bushcraft sources. Great site! Been reading the threads on the Bill of Rights -- meaty stuff and food for thought.
jinnipen

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello jinnipen and welcome, you'll find a lot of discussion regards uk knife laws, but it boils down to this:

less than 3 inch cutting edge and non locking blade is legal to carry any every whare except for when local bylaws/rules/common sense says other wise.

any thing with a fixed blade cannot be carried out and about with out good reason, and it's down to you to prove you have good reason.of course your behavour goes along way as to weather you'd find yourself in a situation where you'd need to explain yourself.

anything classed as an offensive weapon cannot be carried about at all, unless your a licenced user type.

British blades also has a lot of info regarding this stuff. Obiously I stand to be corrected on these points.:)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1: oh and please remember....no flick or butterfly knives allowed (although I did see a butterfly knife for sale in a Skegness shop last Thursday and some teenagers were looking to buy one until I "sort of remembered" the law :yikes:. I think its something like you can own them, in your own home, if you've had them for over 20 years - but don't quote me on it) :nono:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE