jetboil coffee press, opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have one and like it, I also have an Ortleib filter now the Ortleib filters all the coffee but whilst waiting it goes cool where as the Jetboil has a habit of allowing a few grounds to escape through but the good bit is you can always add more water and reboil to make another but weaker brew.
If its cheap enough give it a go.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Check out YouTube as there is a woman on there who reviews the jetboil and press and is favorable.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Coffee press is great but make sure you use it the correct way up!
The recessed area of the mesh filter should face downwards towards the water and grounds.
Although this seems to contradict the way it "looks" like you should assemble the press you will achieve a far better seal and far less "mud"

:)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
+1

There is a pervading odour of coffee that lingers in the pot for some time after in spite of thorough cleaning with washing up liquid.

I tend to use my jetboil to produce the water for use with my Aeropress unless I need to go lightweight in which case the jetboil press gets used.

They do work well, but when your out and about its a bit of a pain to clean your jetboil pot, i like to keep mine clean

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I know Stu, it was tongue in cheek. Saying that theres a lot to be said for instant, the milicano is really nice and sometimes its just not practicle brewing fresh coffee in the field. Like first thing in the morning, i need coffee, quickly lol

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
I figured you were jesting :D

I will admit to being impressed by the Milicano instant... Was talked into trying by my good friend Chris da Cat and was very impressed for an instant!

I tend to fulfil my caffeine needs with a good cup of tea first thing which is quick and easy then enjoy a good coffee with breakfast even when I'm out and about in the field :)

Tend to go for Twinings everyday, Yorkshire or just recently Tescos Capn Scotts exped blend tea.

Then a nice Brazilian espresso roast coffee from Has Bean, ground as freshly as I can manage and brewed either french press or aeropress.

I can almost smell it! Mmmmm :)

I know Stu, it was tongue in cheek. Saying that theres a lot to be said for instant, the milicano is really nice and sometimes its just not practicle brewing fresh coffee in the field. Like first thing in the morning, i need coffee, quickly lol

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Enjoy! We are away until tomorrow night so will miss my morning RV with my grinder and Gaggia... Rush over night trip staying at my folks so travelling without coffee making implements.

A Nespresso from Mum's pod machine will have to do but for a quick, convenient coffee it is fantastic and suits an almost octogenarian very well :)

I love yorkshire myself, you've got me heading for the fresh columbian now lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE