Jerven Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Weekender go on youtube and type in kifaru woobie or doobie those combined with a GEN U.S poncho would be good bit of kit, though because its kifaru its probably pricey no idea in comparison to Jerven.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
done it for you $154 and $189 dollars depending on model US PONCHO say 20 thirty quid shipping from states?? customs duty?? may still be bit cheaper from top end jervens??

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
154 dollars is 95 quid 189 dollars 166 quid, gen issue brand new U.S poncho guess id say between 20 and 30 quid? shipping, customs and import tax god only knows, but still may work out, depends what your after uses,basically many choices depends what your after but many alternatives.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I use my Jervens bag all year round sometimes more open than others it is in my top three items of kit the first being a knife the second a firsteel :)

It is the best all round shelter item for any conditions as long as you use it right. Remember it is not breathable and so must be vented. I have used it all it forms as a poncho, sleeping bag, shelter/basha etc.
It is versitile I have the mountain camo version but even in woods I have been missed except when I start to snore :)

I have used it in all conditions and weathers I have even demonstrate during SERE training within my unit and all the Bosses and people are very impressed when you get then to stand or sit in it for about 5 minutes and sometimes I have to force them out of it. The cost is the only downer but as long as you are going to use it, it is fully justified I know has paid for itself time over time and I will not part with it. I will upgrade to the exclusive model with both liners but I still will keep my thermo extreme as well :) I know I will have use for it or it will get used by the other half if I ever manage to get out in the cold (if I succeed in that I may never see it again)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Well I went for the cheap option of the poncho liner and I must admit I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by it the poncho seems like it will be useful but the liner , well.... It's a bit thin it's an original one and all that but I wouldn't want to trust it in anything but the height of summer, to keep me warm?? Looks like I might have to re think things.

Sent from somewhere?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hillpeoplegear.com do something called a Mountain Serape https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ProductID/19/Default.aspx

which addresses some of the uses of the Jervens bag, and appears to be very popular in the USA. Depends on what your uses for it are.

Love my Jervensbag - I have the big one that can even be used as a (small, insulated) tent. Not light, not completely waterproof like a plastic survival sac as the corners and zips will let in water if you end up in a puddle! It will need to be conscientiously aired if used as a sleeping bag to disperse moisture as the material isn't breathable. But travel somewhere cold and you'll never regret buying this brilliant piece of kit.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Does anyone have any more info on the arktis made bag?

I'v been looking at jervens bags for this winter but i wanna see the arktis one now lol

Cheers......adam

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Dave, in what way was it poor mate

just terms of insulation against a jervens or in over all quality?......artkis stuff is pretty reasonable in my experience

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dave, in what way was it poor mate

just terms of insulation against a jervens or in over all quality?......artkis stuff is pretty reasonable in my experience

Oh yeh Arktis is good gear, I agree.
I think it was quite a lot smaller, camo wasnt as good, and the material didnt feel as good as the jervens one.

It probably works very well though. I wanted something I could sleep in and it was too small.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Thanks for that dave

If it just less insulation it wouldn't have been so bad but being too small to sleep in makes it far less usefull

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE