JB Weld - Where to get it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
After seeing the Toast Toppers/Redbull and the Pepsi can stoves i was inspired and decided that i wanted to make on as they looks just what i need for using with my crusader :)

However i've been all over town looking for JB Weld and i can't find it anywhere, lot's of people have heard of it, but no one seems to stock it :(

Can anyone point me in the right direction of anywhere that stocks it, be it bricks and mortar or t'internet?

or can anyone suggest an equivalent product, i've seen plenty of epoxies about that are temp resistant to about 150c but i'm not sure if that'd cut it for one of these stoves?

Cheers
Stinger

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
Yeah i tried my local halfords and they hadn't got any :(
Mind it isn't the biggest halfords ever, might have to try the bigger one on the retail park.

Cheers Leon i had tried googling it, but i found that the postage from that shop (and many others) was nearly as much as the epoxy itself!! but at least it's a last resort.

So i'll try the bigger halfords and if i don't have any luck with that anyone got any other sources to try?

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
Quick addition, i couldn't find any JB Weld at the other halfords either but they have this stuff call "super steel" (by plastic padding, division of loktite or somesuch gumpf) is this any good as a glue sealant? i ask because it says that it cure in 5 mins and "repaired article should be left for 20 mins before being brought into use" which makes me think it's not gonna be what i'm looking for.

any answers apprieciated

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I used some for pillar bedding a rifle recently, i found it in a lock shop.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Super steel is awesome stuff! Works under water , under pressure ( I know its holding my exp bottle on my camper together!) does what it says on the tin!!!
Dave

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Quick addition, i couldn't find any JB Weld at the other halfords either but they have this stuff call "super steel" (by plastic padding, division of loktite or somesuch gumpf) is this any good as a glue sealant? i ask because it says that it cure in 5 mins and "repaired article should be left for 20 mins before being brought into use" which makes me think it's not gonna be what i'm looking for.

any answers apprieciated

where abouts in Yorkshire are you, if you go to this site tick what you are after (from the short list) and your county and your town, it will list your nearest stockest. it works, well it did for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE