Jam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Try making your own lime marmalade. Stupidly simple. Fine slice 24 big green limes. Soak overnight in the fridge in 6C water. Bring to a simmering boil to reduce by 1/4 - 1/3. Limes are loaded with pectin, anyway. Add sugar to taste ( I use 3-4C, 1/2 what the recipe called for.) Jar and process.

If the goop goes too yellow as it often can, add 1 (one) drop of blue food coloring stir that in and see how it looks. Blue lime marmalade looks stupid.

Reactions: Spirit fish

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Try making your own lime marmalade. Stupidly simple. Fine slice 24 big green limes. Soak overnight in the fridge in 6C water. Bring to a simmering boil to reduce by 1/4 - 1/3. Limes are loaded with pectin, anyway. Add sugar to taste ( I use 3-4C, 1/2 what the recipe called for.) Jar and process.

If the goop goes too yellow as it often can, add 1 (one) drop of blue food coloring stir that in and see how it looks. Blue lime marmalade looks stupid.
I don't care about the colour as long as it's tasty I think blue jam from blue fruit would be cool actually ,sounds good though I might try it

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
That's one fruit I keep wanting to make jam from but keep missing the season. I'll have to go check the trees near me and see how they are
Makes terrific jam in my opinion sour fruit makes the best jams it makes a good sour tangy jam I find this the way with blackberries to,get on the cherry plums there all out now buddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Smucker's brand over here make pretty good strawberry jam, raspberry jam and Seville orange marmalade. No added color or preservative and less sugar so you can taste the fruit.

Robertson's orange marmalade was a favorite and just the once, I got into a jar of their lime marmalade. That was enough to convince me to find a recipe for DIY lime marmalade.

Winter is coming. Big hard snows up top in the nights, +4C in the valley.
Time calls for pancakes, waffles and marmalades.

Reactions: Spirit fish

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Smucker's brand over here make pretty good strawberry jam, raspberry jam and Seville orange marmalade. No added color or preservative and less sugar so you can taste the fruit.

Robertson's orange marmalade was a favorite and just the once, I got into a jar of their lime marmalade. That was enough to convince me to find a recipe for DIY lime marmalade.

You ever had medlars ? I get them in the UK bet they make good jam ,so is date jam vanilla,and raisens

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster

cr ab Apple jelly is awesome to

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There is one small grocery store in this little mountain village of 650 people. The supply truck comes Tuesdays and Fridays, weather permitting (and **** like wild fires, avalanches and rock slides). Highway 16 is the only road in and out.
DIY or eat what's on the truck. Meat and veg, eggs and so on are easy farm-gate sales. This is my view from my dining room table.
Mountain Southwest 003.jpg

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
There is one small grocery store in this little mountain village of 650 people. The supply truck comes Tuesdays and Fridays, weather permitting (and **** like wild fires, avalanches and rock slides). Highway 16 is the only road in and out.
DIY or eat what's on the truck. Meat and veg, eggs and so on are easy farm-gate sales. This is my view from my dining room table.
View attachment 68399
awesome buddy bet there's good trout fishing in them mountain streams

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE