I've waited 24 years for this!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

I've waited 4! (since i read it) now has to be the most anticipated film of my life!!! :eek:): :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
jakunen said:
Yeah, most of the original cast are back and the voice of the book is being done by the cosuin of the original guy as he died last year(?).

Should be good!

I think that was the lineup for a recent radio series they did of it. The new movie is an American job with a famous rapper playing Ford Prefect... personally, I think it'll be awful. The Americans should stay away from our classic comedy; did anyone see what they did to Red Dwarf (which, incedentally, is also being made into a movie)?!?!

Rhapsody said:
I think that was the lineup for a recent radio series they did of it. The new movie is an American job with a famous rapper playing Ford Prefect... personally, I think it'll be awful. The Americans should stay away from our classic comedy; did anyone see what they did to Red Dwarf (which, incedentally, is also being made into a movie)?!?!

Didn't the "original"Ford Prefect, die a few years before douglas???

And they're making red dwarf into a movie?????

What about Doctor WHO????? :?:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
there have been talks about the red dwarf film for years. it was meant to have the normal cast in it.
I really hope both films don't mess up what was very important part of my childhood

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
A rapper is playing Ford? Can't these damn 'celebrities' keep their noses out of anything?? The last thing Ford does is hang around looking cool.
Still, apparently the Lord of the Rings films were OK (haven't seen them or read the book) so maybe this will be too...

I didn't know they were doing a Red Dwarf film. I hope they do keep the original cast for that...

On a side note, I love HitchHikers because everywhere I go and everything I do, there is someone else who loves it too. :D

Emma said:
A rapper is playing Ford? Can't these damn 'celebrities' keep their noses out of anything?? The last thing Ford does is hang around looking cool.
Still, apparently the Lord of the Rings films were OK (haven't seen them or read the book) so maybe this will be too...

I didn't know they were doing a Red Dwarf film. I hope they do keep the original cast for that...

On a side note, I love HitchHikers because everywhere I go and everything I do, there is someone else who loves it too. :D

Personally, I think Micheal Myers(austin Powers) would have made a great Ford :biggthump

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
DON'T PANIC - Ford Prefect is being played by a good old englishman, Martin Freeman who played the straight guy in 'The Office', who is most definately not, as far as I am aware - a rapper...but then I have no idea what he does in his spare time! Also, Zaphod is being played by a cracking american character actor Sam Rockwell whose been in The Green Mile and loads of other good stuff.

Sounds like it's going to be a good production.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Great Pebble said:
That's all very well, but you're missing a very important point.

Who is going to play THE MICE???

True Greatpepple...my only other concern is...I do hope they don't use a real whale... :shock:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:rolmao: Whenever i think of Marvin it makes me chuckle. I don't think i have ever laughed to tears reading a book until i read about Marvin.

I really hope the don't ruin it. I think Martin Freeman will do a very good job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE