I've been naughty!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've keeping an eye out for metal lathes locally and this wood lathe popped up;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170889138667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

£50 - bargain!

Felt a bit guilty as brand new it would be £200+ but there you go! Picked it up yesterday and it's a very solid piece of kit. Much better than my old man's one I used as a wee lad.

It'll be nice to have a play again. I would guess I would have been 16 when I last did any wood turning.

Just need space to set it up, time to play and some gouges & chisels! :rolleyes:

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I've keeping an eye out for metal lathes locally and this wood lathe popped up;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170889138667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

£50 - bargain!

Felt a bit guilty as brand new it would be £200+ but there you go! Picked it up yesterday and it's a very solid piece of kit. Much better than my old man's one I used as a wee lad.

It'll be nice to have a play again. I would guess I would have been 16 when I last did any wood turning.

Just need space to set it up, time to play and some gouges & chisels! :rolleyes:

You lucky bugger - nice one

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice one buddy happy turning, when you have your self sorted may have a couple of projects you could help with mate.
take care.
lee.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Nice one buddy happy turning, when you have your self sorted may have a couple of projects you could help with mate.
take care.
lee.

No probs Lee. :D I'm trying to resist buying some gouges straight away! not a lot of spare dosh right now so can't afford anything expensive. I remember my Dad making a couple out of silver steel. - Might try making my own too.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
That is a serious bargain,looks mint as well. I have had an Axminster lathe for 12 years and still going strong (M500 I think) smaller than yours, bench mounted. I rarely do any woodturning on it now, but ideal for polishing blades & handles.
I reground some really cheap chisels from a pound shop to use as turning tools, they worked ok.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Happy wood wood ruining! Just come back in from the workshop after a Woggle making session, as it happens. Looking forward to pictures of your work.

......and I hate you, what a bargain!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE