Cheap and Simple Posh Coffee Maker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Interesting, interesting, interesting!

So, I have a nice new project!

;0)

I learn, that the coffee becomes darker and stronger and sweater with every step from Lapland to Apulia.

That's interesting too!

I guess northern of Sahara they eat coffee toffees , southern coffee sweets 50:50 sugar / coffe powder and in South Africa they have coffee tabs looking and tasting like barbeque carbon.

Slowly I understand, why they look so brown in southern Italy and the Magreb and so black in the rest of Africa ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Martina likes her coffee without milk?
:)

Tea is nice, I drink tea, coffee and herbals, but nothing brats a cup of coffee in the motning.
Specially if you slept outside and is cold and stiff.
Veritable liquid Manna!

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
It is important the coffe itself is medium to medium-light roast, very coarsely ground.

Traditionally, ( in Sweden) the preferred roast is darker the further south you go.
Sweden used to be the largest consumer of coffee per capita, now I think the Finns are. Sweden has dropped a lot, people drink more and more tea, plus herbals.

Most coffee connoseurs/ nerds clsim that the coffee should not boil but be prepared with water well under boiling point, but I think that is wrong!
Coffee can be made with water that is cold, soaking overnight in the coffee pan, all the way to boiling!
I've been trying to find some suitably coarsely ground coffee in the UK to make some kokkaffe, but I think I'll have to find a shop that can do it for me. Most ready made options seem to be suitable for "French press/Filter" which seems too fine for what I want.

Otherwise I prefer dark roasted filter coffee, but in a pinch ground coffee straight in the cup works well as long as you remember before you drink the dregs!:)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I inherited an old, handcrank coffee bean grinder. It is adjustable for particle size.
I can grind what I need, faster than the kettle can boil.
It spits out every thing from powder to coarse sand = all sizes in the same load!
Works OK in a Lagostina press.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Mais oui!

Peugeot est simplement supérieur !
C'est normale, c'est français !

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Just seen this thread. I make my coffee the same way every day. I only drink coffee for breakfast. Never after lunch or I can't settle to sleep..... here's how I make mine:

Warm up 500ml of water in my metal cup. Add two scoops of coffee grounds. A nice dark roast. Lid on. Bring to the boil. Remove from the stove as soon as it boils. Give it a good stir and leave for 5 minutes. Pour in a touch of cold water (the grounds will sink to the bottom) and leave undisturbed for a bit longer. Pour gently into a small cup. Enjoy! Sometimes I add honey.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE