It's the happiest day of the year!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Looks like today will finally be the longed-for day when I leave work, turn my face to the west, and look into the setting sun. About bleedin' time, too!

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Aye it's been a lovely evening right enough.

You do know it comes around the same time every year right?

:D :cool:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Very Cryptic Dunc. Is this leave work for the day to return tomorrow. or have your 6 numbers come up if so mines a bottle of Oban!!

However if your off following the road that goes on and on enjoy and watch out for pesky dragons!!

Andy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I only realised last week that it was the first time in months that it was still daylight when Son2 got home from work.

Is that what you mean ?

cheers,
M

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Think you nailed it Mary...I too was admiring the incredible bright red sky this evening, here in Edinburgh, while driving home from work. And, yes about bloody time too!!

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Early retirement Dunc ?

God, I wish! :) No, it's just that we've reached the point in spring when the sun's still up when I leave work. It's a big milestone in the year for me - far more significant than the equinox, or Beltaine, or whatever.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
You know something gregorach...I thought it was just me who got excited about such things :) For me it's that in the mornings when I leave for work, there is just a hint of pink on the horizon. Only 3 months and we'll have 20 hours of sun-up, which practically speaking means it is never really dark :) But when that comes we all complain that we can't sleep :(

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
It was last night that our garden became part of our house again. For months we get home and look at a black rectangle out of the patio doors, but last night we had this big open space.

Geoff

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Was saying to my m8 on the way home from work, clear blue skies, loverly sun ready to set. its about then i could sit out with a brew going on my stove, ready to bed down for the night but staring into that golden/red ball as it sinks on the horizon.

LOVE seeing daylight when i get out of work, makes me feel less like some sort of winter mole person.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Absolutely right, I was saying this to my youngest boy as we were walking home, "look at the sun setting,"
He'd been watching Lord of the Rings Two Towers and replied "...blood has been spilt this day.." slightly sinister, then he started singing "they're taking the hobbits to isengard" which was a bit better ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE