Italian army wool blankets

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I like the caveat they have put on the bottom , Harsh and Honest ;-

"Please note: If the last batch of these smelled, then you're in for a whole new world of ##rhubarb## with this one; the smell is horrendous. These are encrusted in a layer of naphtalene crystals, and it will take some serious airing out, shaking out and general violence to get rid of the intense smell of old loft. Spontaneous nosebleeds, nausea and confusion might ensue. You have been warned!"

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry

"Please note: If the last batch of these smelled, then you're in for a whole new world of ##rhubarb## with this one; the smell is horrendous. These are encrusted in a layer of naphtalene crystals, and it will take some serious airing out, shaking out and general violence to get rid of the intense smell of old loft. Spontaneous nosebleeds, nausea and confusion might ensue. You have been warned!"

Hahahaha that's brilliant!

Liam

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I quite like their description of this aswell.

http://www.varusteleka.fi/product/first-aid/varusteleka-fist-aid-kit/_35U0MX9GD

"This is what you wished you had when crawling in the mud on festival grounds, totally blasted, bruised and bleeding. Next time you better be prepared or you might just kark it in a pool of blood & ##wee-wee## - don't play with your life! In addition to the normal first aid supplies, our own kit includes other useful items as well."

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I quite like their description of this aswell.

http://www.varusteleka.fi/product/first-aid/varusteleka-fist-aid-kit/_35U0MX9GD

"This is what you wished you had when crawling in the mud on festival grounds, totally blasted, bruised and bleeding. Next time you better be prepared or you might just kark it in a pool of blood & ##wee-wee## - don't play with your life! In addition to the normal first aid supplies, our own kit includes other useful items as well."

Especially the very last item... :lmao:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I fetched one of these from their store today. The clark was glad to get me one of the less smelly ones. Mine is not brown as you would expect but rather greenish grey, as per to Wehrmacht field grey.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
So how smelly are they? I was thinking of gettig a couple but i like my postie i'm not sure i can put him through it

[/B]

keep looking there are some cracking pages on the site

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
So how smelly are they? I was thinking of gettig a couple but i like my postie i'm not sure i can put him through it

The best ones are regular smelly, if you know what they regularly smell like. I can't smell mine from few meters away immediately but the smell will get a bit stronger if storaged in one place for a while. Lots and lots of sunlight should cure the "disease".

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Looks like it will be a heavy mothball smell; it is understandable in wool items that have been in long term storage. As they say good airing outside will sort them. If you've ever lost any of your wool gear to the moths (the little bazzas must be cousins to the midges), you'll appreciate the smell.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's brilliant, I'm thinking of buying some for presents, I can just picture the excitement and then the grand opening and then the nosebleeds :D

18 euro postage, you'd need to order a few to make them worth it.....I am tempted though, I could hang them up for a month and let them have a good air out....

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I wouldn't mind coordinating a group buy but by the time you've had them delivered and then redistributed the costs would start to add up - remember, these things are bulky. That said, if you plan to attend the BushMoot or are happy to cover the extra cost of delivery then I'm sure we can sort something out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE