It really works

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SoloBoy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2005
Liverpool
Nice one Martin,I feel just like you do now,sap is rising here aswell.

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sap6pp.jpg

Did 3 trees last night,and got 2 full bottles this morning :) ,so after plugging up the 2 I had joy with,the other 1 just started to flow... :lmao: ...bonus!! So i will be back for my 3rd bottle in the morn... :D .Cant wait,trouble is now I dont know what to do with it,never made wine before and dont think there is enough to reduce to a syrup. :confused:

Can only describe the taste as water really.two different trees(both silver birch)And two slight varyations in colour,one slighty sweeter than tuther,But i am well pleased with myself.Just tasted Spring itself....RM

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
The 'corkscrew' type bit you're talking about is called an auger bit. I use an 18mm auger bit with a tap wrench for tapping birch trees. They're easy to use and make a good clean hole that can be easily plugged.
A power cordless drill would be much easier to use but I prefer to keep the kit simple, light and as portable as possible. :)

EDIT:
I just checked on the net and apparantly it would be a very bad idea to use an auger bit in a power or cordless drill :nono: They should be used by hand only so ignore my comment above about power drills being easier. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE