Is this for real?

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
So I've just found this site from watching a vid on Youtube and a guy from England has recommended it.

Check this out..

http://www.focalprice.com/HT651B/Mini_Necklace_Deign_Stainless_Steel_Knife_with_Strap_Black.html

£2.73?!?!!

Then comparing to our well know and loved Heinnie that's a saving of some £18.22..

Surely this can't be for real. I'm not sure about customs charges from China for something this small, would this not get through the net? Maybe it's a fake? Factory second?

I'm baffled, can someone explain? :confused:

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
It will be a fake- definitely. Same type of website as dealextreme etc. Usually the items aren't too bad, as long as you can put up with waiting a few weeks for delievery.

Knives from these sort of places get mixed reviews, some good, some saying the heat treat is patchy.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
the SS it's made from is pretty much the same that water pipe and sink fitting are made from. Not sure of the edge retention of your avrage double bowl and drainer.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Thanks Guys. I suppose it was pretty obvious, I just didn't want to admit it.

I guess that dream of bathing in a bathtub full of shiny new knives isn't going to come true after all.. sob.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Looks real but probably not at that price

May be worth trying at that price though.. I've used a knife for a while that was £1, not the best but its cheap as chips :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The steel the Genuine CRKT knife is made from is rubbish knife steel too, so it might not be fake. Genuine knife is made from 3Cr13 stainless, which is cheap chinese rubbish equivelent to 420s37which has a 0.28% carbon content.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Well fir that price you can't grumble so I am going to go crazy and order one of these bad boys and will let you guys know in about 6 months when/if it arrives and give it a review which no doubt will be 2 lines long but hey you get what you pay for lol

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Dont know about the CRKT knife but
They have some SRM knives on there they are remarkable quality for the money
They are not always identified as SRM but if you check the photos in packaging you can see
Like any of these sites there are some gems in the pile you have to wade through though

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Another vote for the SanRenMu knives :D

The comment went, "If you ask China for cheap (and not very good) that's what you'll get. Ask for quality and they'll ripoff someone else's design and give you quality at a cheap price."
Hell of a double whammy for the folks who do the original design, research, etc., though :sigh:

Cheers,
Toddy

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Well, if the steel really is that soft, at least it would be a comfortable bath.

Lmao bloody brilliant!

Dont know about the CRKT knife but
They have some SRM knives on there they are remarkable quality for the money
They are not always identified as SRM but if you check the photos in packaging you can see
Like any of these sites there are some gems in the pile you have to wade through though

I see what you're saying about the cheap SRM's, also looked at them. But how do we know that the CKRT doug ritter knife isn't an ultra cheap version of the same knife - as you're saying it has the same markings and sheath.. What I mean is how can we tell the different between the actual cheap cheaps, real cheaps and the fake cheaps.. Oh dear I think I've gone cross-eyed.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Well guys I ordered this bad boy last week and it arrived this morning from hong kong there was no problem with customs and no extra price to pay and all packed secure. Although it did say electronics on the envelope lol.
Have to say the knife itself is quite nice and for the price definatley worth getting even if you only use it for mucking about etc it arrived hair razing sharp and fits in the hand quite nice and I have just feathered a stick which it did without a problem and managed to keep it's sharpness
The metal I agree looks cheap but hey it was only a couple of quid and does come with a cheap and tacky plastic sheath but those of us that like making things can sort that out and even has a pretty multi coloured lanyard on the handle
All in all it was worth a gamble which I think paid off it's ever gonna be your primary knife but it will most definatley be used and is a little bit of fun
Hope this helps someone
Atb
Rick

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Well guys I ordered this bad boy last week...

Hope this helps someone
Atb
Rick

:wow1: You sir, are an absolute king! Thank you for guinea pigging this, I'm going to add that website to my list of suppliers and no doubt spend lots of money there in the future. Who cares if it's not top grade stuff for that price!

Cheers dude.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Am absolute pleasure thank you for the heads up and as fir the knife for the money it's a great little muck about I have a soft spot for it really lol

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
well who wasn't brave enough to give it a go when it popped up seem to have missed out as it isn't listed any more :(

and why isn't mine here yet...

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
yay mines arrived,

nice and sharp streight out of the packet. the plastic sheath thingy holds the knife nice and secure. all in all a nice knife for the costly sum of £2.78

would buy a couple more if they still had them in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE