Is there a knife doctor in the house?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jackdaw

I bought a handmade knife a while back off a seller on Ebay (that tells you how long ago). It was one of his first attempts so its lack of finish is excusable, but it is not that well finished off and as such it has sat in a draw as a "job to do when I have the time" item. I like it though and although I personally do not have the time to sort it out, I am looking for someone to finish it off by putting a decent edge on it. It might need a regrind to get it where it really should be; a working tool that can take an edge and keep it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where or to whom I should send it?

Many thanks,

Jack

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Long strider of this parish mate, you won't go wrong with him, just be carefull when you get the knife back, as he is a wizard at sharpening knives, he makes some great knives himself.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
sounds interesting, can we see a picture please dude?

does the knfie just need a sharpen then? or a full sand down, regrind and refining job??

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Any of the makers on here can help you out.

To name a few there's Robevs, Hillbill, Dave Budd. There are more but I can't think of them right now.

As Samon said, a few pics would be nice :)

Jackdaw

Sorry, not a full member and don't have a pic hosting account.

It'll take a regrind to get started and then profiling. It does take an edge as I have spent some time getting it sharp but it really needs starting again.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Send it off to Hillbill or Mike Bowler, both will give you a top notch service.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
If it is a Scandi, then a full regrind, sharpen, and polish of the bevels will have it ship-shape whatever level the rest of the blade is finished to.

PM Inbound.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE