Is ours the only one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I found this very interesting, is our the only universe?

[video=youtube;2S8G_BH9OPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S8G_BH9OPA[/video]

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
There was a Horizon programme on BBC4 last night which considered this amongst other theories about our origins, given that the Big Bang seems to be old hat these days. I enjoyed it but struggled to follow the science.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I found this very interesting, is our the only universe?

[video=youtube;2S8G_BH9OPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S8G_BH9OPA[/video]

you bin at the whiskey again rik_uk3, really! String theory (electric universe) and the loke did always suggest such things.

where is midnight hound at the minute, nice fella enlightened me with his higgs boson and his lightning sprites, pilots never used to tell of them for fear of being labelled as mad and grounded.

As a fact of religion without opportunity to cross examine(midnight hound this means you) islam does believe in multiple universes. Fact. End of. Fin.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't often drink whisky other than an occasional single malt, I prefer cognac or Armagnac these days but not last night as we have the grand children staying.

[video=youtube;_uSH8M52fIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSH8M52fIQ[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
He's extremely competent at explaining mega-complicated science in plain language in so far as that's possible; to really explain such concepts the only language is mathematics, words can't come close...............

Recommended reading is his book The Elegant Universe, string theory you can begin to get your head around. Thanks for posting this..........

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its not possible for something to be created from nothing, so something must have created the universe. I don't believe its possible for there to be only one.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I too believe that we cannot be the only one!
However I do think that we are cut off from the others, mainly so we have no opportunity to trash them as we are looking to do with this one ... just see how we have trashed the planet we started on and are now moving out to trash the Moon , Mars etc.
Today - the World, Tomorrow the Universe!

It looks like Mr B Lightyear was not talking rubbish with "The Universe and Beyond!"

springer5

Mar 9, 2010
Carmarthen, Wales
Its not possible for something to be created from nothing, so something must have created the universe. I don't believe its possible for there to be only one.

But then what created the thing that created the universe?
And then what created that, and so on?

Oh dear, too much for me. Think I'll stick to bushcrafting and just let the world turn :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Precisely. I believe its an infinite process, Almost a reproductive one....

But then what created the thing that created the universe?
And then what created that, and so on?

Oh dear, too much for me. Think I'll stick to bushcrafting and just let the world turn :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Was there a mention of a space turtle with four elephants and a flat world on it's back?... I think we should be told!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Multiverses could be part of the answer for UFO's.

One for Mr Fenna

[video=youtube;_seKyGYlTHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_seKyGYlTHY[/video]

Classic film, a firm favourite of mine :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE