Ipods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
I've just been given an ipod for christmas and was hopeing to get some wildlife sounds and calls downloaded so i can play them in the woods(trying to get animals to come closer to me). does anyone no were i can get downlods

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Try doing a search for "podcast" on here, there`s some interesting stuff to be found. I don`t know of any sounds files yet though.

Rich

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Getting the headphones on the animals, so they can hear the sounds may be tough...
You'll be better off learning some tricks which do not require technology to attract wildlife to you, like sucking on the back of your hand to attract foxes, tapping on trees with a piece of wood to attract greater spotted woodpeckers, or how about learning tracking skills...

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Getting the headphones on the animals, so they can hear the sounds may be tough...
You'll be better off learning some tricks which do not require technology to attract wildlife to you, like sucking on the back of your hand to attract foxes, tapping on trees with a piece of wood to attract greater spotted woodpeckers, or how about learning tracking skills...

i've done a number of tracking courses and done all the sweaking, tapping trees and baiting that i can handle with loads of success, it just i don't have a lot of other uses for a ipod and i think it would be interesting to see how affective it could be.
Also i would add i have no intention of harming any animal its just for fun!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Trouble with playing bird song at birds is that you are more likely to scare them away rather than attract them to you. A lot of bird song is *this is my patch, this is my patch, sod off* Also a lot of bird song is in pitches that humans can't hear, so it is possible that the ipod wouldn't be able to play those pitches.
I do a lot of mimiking when out and have noticed that some birds will respond to sound. Robins and Wrens get aggitated at me making a tik tik tik type of sound. I think that they reckon someone else is on their patch. Blackbirds can respond too, but most birds do not take any notice (proberbly wondering what the big prat on the ground is going on about)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE