Invitation to jungles of Belize

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Looks lovely and a fantastic opportunity. Am very jealous :(

Have fun and take plenty of pics for me to see when you get back

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Would love to, but cost for four, plus time out to do it :( did say about it at home and the sensible one here has reservations of her babies going to such remote locations too lol

Maybe next time when the kids leave home lol

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all been busy lately but am still wanting to come when is not the problem, costs are the issue I've read through the thread and wouldn't it be cheaper to go as a
group rather than individuals or am i wrong, the other thing for me is that the great barriar reef is on my bucket list and I'm cool with that will ad my name to the
list regards dave

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
'Yes Please' - Prefered travel date - Duration (weeks 1/2)
Ivan........................Op en............................ ?
Katie........................O pen ...........................?
Savagewolfrm..............?... .............................?
Paul Webster.............1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Julie......................... 1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Talia........................1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Steve......................Ope n............................?
dave53......................open............................whatever

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Dave, I want to add few things or explain my thoughts about travelling in the group:
Since we are going to be NOT walking distance from anything slightly resembling the store, where Ivan can buy his BEER!!! we would need some kind of the transportation. That is First.
Second: regardless where you are going to fly ( Belize City or Cancun) everybody will need to take few buses (or as PaulW asked - possible local flights).it is possible, but busses are going with same regularity, although not as often as ones from Piccadilly to Buckingham, so it will take some doing to get there.
My idea was (based on the number of people in the group) rent on van, pack all of us in it and get the hell out of the airport to the camping grounds. The cost to rent the vehicle dividing by number people will be more affordable and more convenient. ( And Ivan could do his evening beer run driving instead of jogging 4-5 miles.)
This all required real organization, so we can wait until our group will be organized. Since I probably know no more then 5 minutes of material then everybody else - when time comes - I will try to take care of it.
Meantime let's see how the group will coalesce.
IG

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
guys, where have you seen flights for £200-£300?

the cheapest i have been able to find is £550 from UK to Cancun

Last edited:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hi Jon.

I searched the web when Igor first invited us to visit his patch of jungle and couldn't find a return flight much under £800 return. Then I talked to a mate of mine who has a brother in Mexico (same flights) and he reckons his brother flies there for about £200-300. The trick (apparantly) is NOT to use the web but to book through back-street travel agents and to use flights that go at unsociable hours. The one he reckons to try is the Flight Centre 02074361942 to get a quote.

I did ring them but they were having problems with their computer system at the time. As I don't think (though I'm hoping otherwise) that I can make this trip I did not pursue it further. The whole thing is NOT an organised trip - it is simply an invitation to attend. How to get there and what arrangements people make is their own affair. However anybody finding a good deal will, I am sure, share this information with the rest of us.

Dave53: Yes, booking as a group could, and probably would, be cheaper but as this is not a centrally oganised trip, and we don't have much of a '100% certain' group, I don't see how this could be arranged. It would involve deposits, commitments and advanced bookings. This is not something I would want to be responsible for.

BTW Jon: You said you couldn't come! Having second thoughts? Leaving SWMBO and kids at home? (Sorry for the wicked thoughts! :naughty:)

ATB

Paul

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks for the feedback igor and paul we will see what transpires regards to you both

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Lol, no, not leaving them behind... Been talking about it when considered sub 300quid flights :) if it was to happen for us, out would have to be the first 2 weeks of april cause of school and me getting leave from work. But flights at the 500 plus mark would be no go as meant to be saving for a family antipodean adventure too and 2 grand would be half our flight money for that... A quarter we may be able to manage. Will have to see I guess

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Oh, of course appreciate not organised, though if it does work for us, we will be sorting a 4x4 as would need to take advantage of the fact we're there and go explore for a few days too... So would have a seat from airport.... Or more beer space.... I imagine the tequila is good there too! Lol

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Dave, I want to add few things or explain my thoughts about travelling in the group:
Since we are going to be NOT walking distance from anything slightly resembling the store, where Ivan can buy his BEER!!! we would need some kind of the transportation. That is First.
Second: regardless where you are going to fly ( Belize City or Cancun) everybody will need to take few buses (or as PaulW asked - possible local flights).it is possible, but busses are going with same regularity, although not as often as ones from Piccadilly to Buckingham, so it will take some doing to get there.
My idea was (based on the number of people in the group) rent on van, pack all of us in it and get the hell out of the airport to the camping grounds. The cost to rent the vehicle dividing by number people will be more affordable and more convenient. ( And Ivan could do his evening beer run driving instead of jogging 4-5 miles.)
This all required real organization, so we can wait until our group will be organized. Since I probably know no more then 5 minutes of material then everybody else - when time comes - I will try to take care of it.
Meantime let's see how the group will coalesce.
IG

Thanks mate, good points made.

From my experience of going out to rural parts of Uganda with a charity, I have learnt that it makes it a lot easier for people to stick together, and a lot cheaper. It does mean having to be organised - but that seems to be what we are all so good at in bringing together all the elements of a meet together, and when going a distance like this getting there is part of the fun of it - Just a meet on a bigger scale this time. My only concern is that if you guys are planning for April it will be upon us before we know it.

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Hi Gents and Ladies,
I am on my current trip and we started to work on the land. I wish all of you be here, but for now I am by myself together with few local friends.
As I mentioned before if anybody would take upon himself or herself to organize few BRITS to come - just let me know. I am planning to come hers often and we always can coordinate the time.
Meantime I would like to post few pictures if I figure out quickly how to manage it.

IMG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Paul, I am trying...
BZ-470.jpg
[/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE