Invitation: Bushcraft Canoe Trip Yukon & Teslin Rivers (Canada)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraft Yukon

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Hello,

I have already posted this at another forum, but I would like to extend my invitation to you folks as well!

I would like to invite you folks to a wilderness canoe trip on the Teslin & Yukon Rivers in Canada's Yukon Territory from June 12-22, 2016.

This trip is supposed to be an opportunity to not only travel through this amazing boreal wilderness by boat, but to meet other bushcraft enthusiasts and learn from each other. The idea is that every participants holds two “mini-workshops” or instructions over the duration of the trip. In the preparation of the trip we would have to coordinate this a little, so we don't end up doing all the same.

As a licensed and registered wilderness guide and instructor in the Yukon I have the logistics and the gear required for the trip and all canoes, paddle gear, cooking stuff, etc. This all is accessible for this trip free of charge! The costs for food and transfers will have to be shared equally between all participants. From my experience CA$200 for food should be plenty and for transfers to the put-in and take-out we should factor in another CA$350 per person (this will vary greatly with the actual numbers of participants...more is cheaper).

To keep costs as low as possible all participants are welcome to camp on our property a few nights before and after the trip (but we are 40 miles away from Whitehorse...). I am happy to pick you up at the airport in Whitehorse, but if you want to be mobile while camping at our place, you may want to consider a rental vehicle. The cost for travelling to the Yukon is on you, of course. Whitehorse, YT has a pretty good connection from major airports in Canada such as Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Kamloops, Ottawa and direct flights from Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

If you have any questions, please post here and we can discuss in public. If you are committed and want to come, please PM.

The number is limited to 10 participants total.

Please note: This is not a course, but a meeting between interested bushcraft enthusiasts. Participants need to have some bushcraft experience, so others can learn from them. I may run this through my business for insurance purpose and participants need to sign a waiver and a medical form. This is NOT a commercial offer. I make no money with it and we will share any costs equally.

Cheers,
Fabian

K

kevnet

I would be very interested in coming out on this trip, what experience is required for canoeing ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im 70% sure at the moment I could make this, but wont know until March for certain. Thanks for making the offer Fabian. What kind of canoes are they?

bowji john

Silver Trader
This is a cracking opportunity that I would love to get involved with

I can't get away - like most on here - but those lucky few that do go will (I suspect) have a trip they will not forget in a hurry

Good luck Fabian - the Yukon is on my list of places to travel - wish I could say yes

J

Bushcraft Yukon

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Canada
I would be very interested in coming out on this trip, what experience is required for canoeing ?

Yukon and Teslin Rivers are easy to paddle (fast current at times and maybe the odd riffle but no white water) and you will need no canoeing experience to join the trip! On the first day you will be taught the basics needed to safely conquer this journey. It usually takes another day in the canoe to get comfortable with the new skills, but on day three you should be able to efficiently move the canoe in any desired direction. If not...well there is more days to practice.

BUT you will need some bushcraft experience as it is the idea of the trip that everybody instructs the others on some bushcraft skills.

I hope you will join us!

Bushcraft Yukon

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Canada
It is great to see some interest in the trip! Thank you guys for replying!

As mentioned in my OP I have already posted this trip opportunity in another forum (BCUSA) and there is also some interest from this side of the ocean. I think the more people with various backgrounds and origins we get, the better. The group size will be limited to 10 people max.

I would like to send some pdf's (gear list, itinerary, waiver, medical form) to those seriously interested. You can send me your emails by PM and I will send them as attachments.

K

kevnet

Yukon and Teslin Rivers are easy to paddle (fast current at times and maybe the odd riffle but no white water) and you will need no canoeing experience to join the trip! On the first day you will be taught the basics needed to safely conquer this journey. It usually takes another day in the canoe to get comfortable with the new skills, but on day three you should be able to efficiently move the canoe in any desired direction. If not...well there is more days to practice.

BUT you will need some bushcraft experience as it is the idea of the trip that everybody instructs the others on some bushcraft skills.

I hope you will join us!

sounds fantastic, Ive done some canoeing some time ago so Im sure ill cope

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Don't know if cheaper, but there is direct flights to Whitehorse from Frankfurt (Germany) by Condor. Just another option...
Dont know, Might get a bit chilly at altitude. :)
vladamir-putin-flying-a-condor_zpszsyy3rne.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE