Introduction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
Hi just thought I'd drop a quick note to introduce myself,
Im 31 married and from the West Midlands. Ive been interested in bushcraft/survivalism/primitive living for a while now although I havent had the time due to work and family to get out recently. I do learn and practice what I can when I can.
I'm fairly confident and competant although I find fire lighting using bow or drill a nightmare (any thoughts as to best wood combo plz share) and need to work on my plant ID alot something I'll be doing this spring/summer, the wife just got a me great lil book (food for free published by Collins).
I found these boards by accident and I'm sssssoooo glad of it to have finally found a Brit based forum for this sort of thing. I look foward to badgering you guys with any questions I may have as they crop up as well as sharing any thought's and knowledge I can along the way.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Hi Smudge make yourself at home!

Ivy is supossed to be the easiest wood to make bowdrill sets out of
Ivy requires less brute force and more technique

Most tend to use the same wood for both the spindle and the harth

J

Jamie

hi Smudge and welcome to the site....glad you found us! :lol: Make yourself at home and pester away!

all the best

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hi smudge, glad you found the forums.... hope you find lots to keep you here :)
There are quite a few knowledgable people on here so ask away.... someone is bound to be able to sort you out.

:)
Ed

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
Another Midlander!!!

Hi, staffordshire here. I`m plannig a get together for everyone from the Shire, but i suppose we can let a near-outsider in:) it will be a weekend.

Hope u enjoy yourself on the foum

Take care

Nomad

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
hello and welcome Smudge, loads to learn from this lot! they have several answers for everything! good luck trying to find a dead bit of ivy wood thats straight enough for a bow drill :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE