Intro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loubylou

Jun 9, 2010
Oxfordshire
Hi everyone

I'm a new member to this forum - hoping to get lots of useful advice on staying toastie warm in the arctic next year without buying loads of expensive gear.

I really love bushcraft - I did a weeks course last year, but failed miserably with friction firelighting (is this a woman thing? My tutors said not - it is technique - but none of us girls seemed to mabage it....). Spoon carving and string making was more my thing, and I can cook a mean rabbit stew. I am just about to do another week, which I am getting a bit nervous about because I haven't managed to put any of my skills to the test over the last year (work and family ife sometimes gets in the way!!).

And now I have just booked to do a week in the Arctic next Feb - I really hate the cold and I am asking mysef why have I done this!! But I'm sure it will be something I'll never forget!

Looking forward to meeting you all

Lou x

loubylou

Jun 9, 2010
Oxfordshire
Yes it is! I just need to take out a mortgage but I'm sure it will be worth it!! I was lucky enough to pick the email up as soon as it was sent out and book my place. I think they got snapped up pretty quickly....

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the arctic course, is it the the RM / Lars Felt one? I'm jealous either way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE