Interesting work...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
At 13K per annum you would need to already live there or have seriously sharpened your bracken shelter-building skills!

Cheers

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Now all I need is for someone to decide that they'll do the same thing along my local river valley (I wish!) I spent a Winter trapping mink locally a few years back and had more than 200 of the little :censored: ers. That was running a line of never more than a dozen traps along and beside the Great Ouse within 20 miles of home on a part-time "It gets me out and about when I feel like it" basis.

That warm coat idea of Waylands isn't so far-fetched either. I spent a good deal of my youth with an old 'keeper who kept all of the mink I shot or trapped seperate from the others and secretly cured the skins. He sewed them into a lining for his old Barbour jacket (Which would have been far too big for me otherwise) and gave the jacket to me for a birthday present. That coat was so warm I would have to take it off to cool down whilst sat out on poacher-watch on nights when it blew a gale and threw sleet at me! The jacket was stolen from the boot of my car many years ago along with some tools and stuff :cussing: , but was probably unique, so if you know of someone with a tatty old Barbour Northumbria with a hand stitched mink lining... Name and address via Pm would be MOST appreciated :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE