inspired by my holiday on Orkney

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now those are impressive. Planning on using them for fishing at the Moot? ... or maybe we can hit the chip shop again instead?

Love that sort of attention to detail John, such as the resin glue and rawhide. Me I'd have used Araldite and covered it in vinyl :lmao: Really well done!

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I just got back from 2 weeks on Orkney ... and if ever there is a place to inspire anyone with an interest in prehistory Orkney is it!
Since getting home I have been having a crack at bits inspired by items I saw in museums there - and this is the result so far:)
bone headed javelin/spear
View attachment 19998

Looks like a harpoon for sea mammals!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Now those are impressive. Planning on using them for fishing at the Moot? ... or maybe we can hit the chip shop again instead?

Love that sort of attention to detail John, such as the resin glue and rawhide. Me I'd have used Araldite and covered it in vinyl :lmao: Really well done!

Chip shop.....

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
John, you're all ready with your homemade gear, if society collapses back to the stoneage! ;).
I'm envious that you got to the Orkneys! It's one of the places I wish to get to before I kick off... and the Shetlands, and Faroe islands...sigh.
Well done on your primitive gear.
Cheers
Alex

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Orkney is a nice place, we had a week there. Got a Holdays cottage in Orphir we were there in November and got to see the firework display and rememberenc day parade.

and lovely work John

Orkney in Nov ... did the sun ever get above the hills? :)
@ASM - if I gave more detailed shots folk could see how rubbish they really are!
I will see what I can do but I am a bit short of time at the moment - looking at other projects etc :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE