Insect wipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
WHS, pretty much every government around the world issue their people civilian and military DEET and Pemethrin. If there were evidence there would be some serious law suits out there.

They also said DDT was ok also Fluoride and agent orange, they also send poorly equipped military personnel around the world to fight illegal wars on the pretext they are fighting for peace how does that work. Q. can you honestly tell me you believe what the Government tell you?

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
They also said DDT was ok also Fluoride and agent orange, they also send poorly equipped military personnel around the world to fight illegal wars on the pretext they are fighting for peace how does that work. Q. can you honestly tell me you believe what the Government tell you?

I will stay away from the politics. I don't believe the politics I believe the science. Turns out DDT was OK and one flawed later disproved study on thin egg shells swayed public opinion. DEET is very widely used and if evidence exists the assumption of a global cover up is not the first place I would go.

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
I will stay away from the politics. I don't believe the politics I believe the science. Turns out DDT was OK and one flawed later disproved study on thin egg shells swayed public opinion. DEET is very widely used and if evidence exists the assumption of a global cover up is not the first place I would go.

+1

Sent from my  iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I dont really care what anyone chooses to put on thier body, but i really wish people were scientifically literate to assess information. When governments try and combat a insect or mite bourne disease they use multiple methods and multiple differant chemicals. Nothing is 100% safe. What works is very dependant on what your enemy is. Ticks are the most worrying disease victor in the UK. Hormone distruptors like deet dont work well at all against them, as ticks dont use smell to locate their prey, they find it by movement and warmth. Permethrin treated clothing works, it does not work if applied to the skin. p-methane 3,5diol [the stuff in lemon eucalyptus] is effective at repeling mosquitos. Neem oil has a wide and effective use as a biopesticide. I am not going to bore you lot with links to proper scientific papers because if you that interested in what you actually use you would already know how to check facts. I can see this thread desending into the same old same old bigots that dont read links unless they are aimed at daily mail readers.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't really care what anyone chooses to put on their body, but i really wish people were scientifically literate to assess information. When governments try and combat a insect or mite borne disease they use multiple methods and multiple different chemicals. Nothing is 100% safe. What works is very dependant on what your enemy is. Ticks are the most worrying disease victor in the UK. Hormone disruptor's like deet don't work well at all against them, as ticks don't use smell to locate their prey, they find it by movement and warmth. Permethrin treated clothing works, it does not work if applied to the skin. p-methane 3,5diol [the stuff in lemon eucalyptus] is effective at repelling mosquitoes. Neem oil has a wide and effective use as a bio-pesticide. I am not going to bore you lot with links to proper scientific papers because if you that interested in what you actually use you would already know how to check facts. I can see this thread descending into the same old same old bigots that don't read links unless they are aimed at daily mail readers.

For most people mozzie bites are the most worrying I'd have thought, they are certainly the most encountered by far certainly in terms of discomfort. This works well xylaria https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/spell-checker/ ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE