Insect Netting for Hammocks Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi john:You_Rock_
Netting arrived today its great and well made, I can't figure out how to fasten the presstuds once I'm in the hammock or am I being really dumb:confused:
I'm in scotland for the Scone show and I'm hoping for midges to try out the netting:eek: am I mad as well as dumb:rolleyes:

ferrol

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2006
in my head
Arrived today as well, thanks John, will be playing later with it, an am also hoping to head to scotland for some wandering.

Tis the season for the Midges, tralla lala arrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ferrol

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Hi john:You_Rock_
Netting arrived today its great and well made, I can't figure out how to fasten the presstuds once I'm in the hammock or am I being really dumb:confused:
I'm in scotland for the Scone show and I'm hoping for midges to try out the netting:eek: am I mad as well as dumb:rolleyes:
Can I second FC's request for a photo and some instructions on the fastening of the insect netting - mine hasn't arrived yet but I have a feeling my small gorilla brain will struggle when it does :D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
At the bottom of the netting there is a strip of ripstop, at the top of the netting there are 2 holes... Pass the hammock through the 2 holes and pull the netting tight (ish) over the lentgh of the hammock. Use the cord supplied with the netting to create a tight right line to keep the netting off your face and tie the netting at each end of the hammock to stop it slipping.

Once you've half got it all on, it really does become more obvious... I leave mine attached all the time and have replaced the cord for the netting with some elastic shock cord.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Waiting for me when I got home. SUPERB. and quick delivery too. But where is the rep button cos its owed to you and very well deserved

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Mine arrived today so thanks again Magikelly also thanks Squidders for the descriptive pitching info it certainly helped :)

Edit: Have had a trial pitch and it is really easy to fit. My loops also needed cutting so I suspect the rest are the same (don't forget to singe the cut ends though as they will fray badly otherwise). Really pleased with this set up :D I also have a Hennessy but to be honest I get a better nights kip in the Magikelly, the mossie net is optional, easy to get in and out of and it is better suited to the underblanket so if the jury is still out for you on which hammock system to go for I hope this info helps :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE