Induction Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Hello all,

New to the board but not the subject.

I'm allways on the lookout for useful bits of kit and recently came across the Faraday Induction Torch. No Batts required, simply shake for 30 seconds to get between 3-5 mins light. Single bright LED means it'll virtual last forever. Its shock and water proof and floats. Used a lenth of 1.1/4 inch inner tube to sleeve the body to improve grip. Idea for the bottom of the Bergen or boot of the car as a last resort.

Sell for about £20 on most sites however got mine from www.directfoto.co.uk for £10.99 inc p+p - bargain!

Mark

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
markw said:
Hello all,

New to the board but not the subject.

I'm allways on the lookout for useful bits of kit and recently came across the Faraday Induction Torch. No Batts required, simply shake for 30 seconds to get between 3-5 mins light. Single bright LED means it'll virtual last forever. Its shock and water proof and floats. Used a lenth of 1.1/4 inch inner tube to sleeve the body to improve grip. Idea for the bottom of the Bergen or boot of the car as a last resort.

Sell for about £20 on most sites however got mine from www.directfoto.co.uk for £10.99 inc p+p - bargain!

Mark

Looks clever but I can see it now:

"Whats's that noise? :confused: What are you doing in that tent!? :eek: "

"I'm shaking my Faraday Induction Torch. :D "

"I bet you are! ;) "

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Torches available via ebay do a search under shake torch - most come from Hong Kong. Total price seems to be around the six pound mark.

Cheers

JFW

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I had one bought as a pressy from the mum-in-law. It worked acceptably well for a few weeks then I put it in the car as an emergency light. I tried it again last week and its a dead as a dodo. Haven't had it to bits yet to find out what is wrong.

I did used to call it a "W***ers training aid" sorry mods :eek:

Ogri the trog

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I got one in a local bargin store for a fiver. It doesn't stay brightly lit for more than a minute though (plus another minute or two of weak light) - mine could be faulty I suppose.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE