Indian giver?

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
you can go to the woods and get firewood as long as you obtain a licence from your local council regards dave

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Went round today and took a full trailer load. The other people who had expressed an interest can't come for a few weeks and he wants the wood gone, so we're going back tomorrow to take the rest! :claphigh:

Appalling photo but here's what we've got so far (trailer is 4'x8')

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Not much wrong with that - looks bucked up to stove size already - no work required!

Photo is a bit misleading, most of those logs are about 2'6" long so they'll need cutting down. Picked up the remained this morning which was mainly thinner longer stuff which is easy to chainsaw to length. Had a go at splitting one of the pieces of eucalyptus - split very nicely but I'm told it's a different story once seasoned.

He got a bottle of wine out of me and I helped him load his trailer with some that he's giving to someone else.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Ended well then, sisters friend was building extension to his house. Muggin was asked to help self to all the wood cutoffs. since it was summer time, i left them with a crate of cold irn bru, which they appreciated.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Photo is a bit misleading, most of those logs are about 2'6" long .

Ahh that's a bit long then - all depends on your firebox too - the Esse will swallow big stuff but our woodburner needs smaller fuel. Still - nothing back breaking to shift at least - should all be ready in 12 months :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The Esse is awesome - it is a "whole house" heater though - belts the heat out - if you just want a few flames "for effect" it isn't a good choice. Having said that, we love it, throw a big log on every four or five hours and a handful of smokeless last thing at night and you have a warm house, free cooking, permanently hot kettle and pre-heated oven

The Broseley Serrano 7 is a very small stove - only 2kW - the Ironheart puts out 10kW at peak - there's a huge difference there - beware the Ironheart in a modern, well insulated house with small rooms as you will cook - but perfect in an older place

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think it's 7kW, hence the 7...

The Brosely would be for the lounge whereas the Esse would be in the kitchen

Quite right - I was reading the wrong model :eek:

If its lounge and kitchen then have both - We have a small 5kW woodburner as well as the Esse which is nice in the Spring / Autumn to just take the edge off

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Photo is a bit misleading, most of those logs are about 2'6" long so they'll need cutting down.....

Actually I thought they were about that length from the pic. I was thinking perfect size for a fireplace but as you and BR have said, a bit long for chockwood to feed a stove.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE