in your pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
OK in my pockets or on me
Rolex sub watch on my wrist
Ray Ban sunglasses
Stetson hat on my head
boots on my feet
surefire E1l
moose pocket knife
billfold
money clip
keys
pocket pistol
extra clip for pocket pistol
leatherman tool
this stuff is always with me everyday

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
If I'm in my work trousers I tend to have an assortment of screws, rawlplugs, tools and various other things assosiated with being an electrician! When I'm out and about, the gear in my pockets changes all the time as I'm still sorting the necessities out. I usually take a 20L Decathlon bag anyway, small enough to keep out the way and enough room to fit most things in that I'll need :)

gisburn20

Jan 27, 2006
Wellingborough
Ok , my first post !

EDC for work,

Leatherman Charge Ti (Black finish)
in Leatherman pouch -
8mm fire steel (para cord loop and glow bead instead of handle)
spare leatherman screwdriver bits
3 inch section of hacksaw blade
Insulating tape (3 inch strips)
Safety pins
large sewing needle
Stanley knife blade
Ikea pencil (tinder/writing!)
Paper clip

1 watt (1xAA) LED Torch (3 inches of insulating tape wrapped round cap for comfort when holding in my teeth) in maglite pouch on my belt.

ID card
Cash/cards
Phone (camera/ compass app./ inside of battery cover polished up as heliograph)
Bluetooth headset (never leave home without it!)
Leather belt (strop...) junior hacksaw blade taped to inside
Boots (hi-tech magnum 9 hole steel cap, stanley blade under insole, laces replaced with paracord)
Jacket pockets-
Zippo (brass, spare flints under felt in fuel compartment)
zip loc bag FAK (steristrips/ plasters/tablets/puritabs)
Car/house keys
Paperclips
Floss (good for fishing/lashing too)
roll of insulating tape.
Tissues
Gerber Recon
Solar phone charger
spare AA battery
50' nylon twine
Bin bag

and thats just for driving around the country repairing copiers,

If I'm going of the beaten track I take the "ditch" bag from under my car seat.

Jim

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Nice topic
Heres what I have right now...and this is just sitting in the house
Mini whip, functional but hat band size
Swiss card with inner tube bands around it
Archos 504 usb lead
archos 504
Head phones
mechanical pencil tough but short
eraser
Fully functional sewing kit with 20+ various needles and 7 razors
mini karibeaner and leather lanyard system
Hollow kubaton
cabinet scraper modified
2x2m light nylon cord cheap
6m 4mm braided cord, marlow brand
2x 1.5m paracord for sling
Leather love sling
leather man bit kits x 2 inside belt
Leatherman tti
Mini sharpening steel
small tube of 23 factor sunscreen
fire steel
Steel solid welded ring 2"
Flat boot lace long
Fingerless leather gloves
Leather dual sided bound note books edge braided in A6
Another A6 note book for other things
comb
Spoon from triple set
Maglite
Chewing gum
Leather home made meteor/kusari fundo/bolo 2oz lead weights braided in pineapples
Hand cuff key
Zippo fuel canister filled
P38
Mobile phone
Zippo
telescopic ebony chop sticks
6 Freezer bags in ziploc
24 puritabs
10+ zippo flints
2 zippo wicks
large square of tin foil
buff
Shemagh

Now If I was heading out without a bag these days I would change a few things, and assumming I was planning an over nighter.

I would add a japanese holster tie with a poncho hooked into it on the small of my back, with a water bottle on each side.
I would add a survival tin sized first aid kit to my swandri,
stick my khukri on my frog,
take my sabre saw in my pocket,
Double up the buff layer
Place compass and whistle round my neck
And wool blanket in a long roll over my shoulder

Actually I would probably try and throw a basha into the wool roll.

I know it's a lot but there you go...

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of having too much cack in my pockets... Typical trouser load-out is baccy, lighter, keys (there's a whistle on my keyring), money, penknife, paper hankies (especially during hayfever season). Jacket load-out is phone, cards, gloves, woolly hat, sunglasses. Gloves and hat are only carried during winter.

I pretty much always have a daysack. I live in Scotland, so I nearly always need to carry waterproofs. :)

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
8thsinner - I'm curious; what is a Japanese holster tie? A quick Google turns up nothing, so would like to know? Cheers

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Keys
Mobile phone
Anti-histamines
Change
Victorinox Classic SD
Wallet
Keyring LED torch

All I need to "survive" on a day at the office, really.

For a short bimble outdoors, the set-up is different.

/ Karl

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
I was thinking i carry a lot of stuff in my pockets but after reading the thread i'm reassured - wow some of you guys have a lot of stuff!

In my pockets on the weekend (work trousers are no good for this sort of thing i have):-

Keys with mini torch
Phone
Wallet with sticky plasters (amazingly handy!)
hankerchief (again amazingly useful - no idea why so few people have them now)
Leatherman Kick (best present i ever got - good for fixing nearly anything!)
Swiss army knife (one with only the two knife blades - I use it for whittling and for when I cant be bothered to unfold the leatherman just to cut something)
A pen if i'm being organised and (rarely) and small notebook - i just write on my hand half the time!

So really not all that much when i think about it (but i alway need to take a bag when i go out for walk - I bought a small one to cut down on the obsessive gear carrying!)

Ruvio

Nomad
I tend to have only 2 pockets, coz i walk in jeans like a fool, or just trousers....or shorts

but luckily they have big pockets

so,
folding knife (jack pyke)
Firesteel
Mobile
Wallet with plasters etc
Keys
and a large amount of pocket lint useful for starting fires haha

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Not sure if the link will work but my key ring is like this (plus a back and front door key):

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/chris...hkey=Gv1sRgCK77veqp9J79Vg#5359524048669934274

The items are:

- Cheapo penknife cost about £3 but surprisingly useful
- peanut lighter with one or two (post office ) rubber bands for tinder/general use and also helps to stop the bottom unscrewing and fuel evaporating
- freebie supermarket trolley 'pound' coin
- safety pin (with safety cap) for emergency holding up of trousers/getting splinters out etc
- mini torch - NOT the expensive sort that can switch itself on in your pocket
- permanenently 'on' zip light (don't know real name) in case I drop my keys when it is totally dark
- car keys with another rubber band to stop it flipping open in my pocket

Weight (including 2 keys) 182gms

I did try including a small pen - Sharpie mini - but too bulky and the top came off

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
now i'm in normal clothes :) i have

camo huntsman
aaa maglite
whistle
chap stick
suncream stick (pointless for this country :))
keys
zippo
small FAK
small sharpie + paper
4gb pendrive

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Javi
A japanese holster tie is simply what I call it for making a name sake purpose.
It's a tying method which is used to tie the sleeves up on a kimono or hatori etc before a samurai enters into a duel. It is tied as thus...using a two metre cord and usually in red...
Take an end and grip it in your teeth, drag the under side of the left sleeve and drag it with the cord up your left under arm till the cord is tight against your arm pit, from here pass the cord under your arm up across the back and over the right shoulder blade, change hands and now drag the cord up the right sleeve, under the arm again and up to the left shoulder and tie to the end that was in your teeth...

It's handy because against bare skin it is hidden under a t shirt, so you can hang something either side of you, clip things to the back of it or just use it as a way to carry an extra bit of cord if you want...

stretch3144

Feb 3, 2009
North Tawton, Devon
Right, I tend to wear shorts from March to November, putting on "longs" to go down the pub now and again

In my pockets right now:
Right front - Loose change & 2" Gerber knife

Left front - Hancerchief, house keys & mobile

Rear right - cordura wallet containg a 2" firesteel (its tiny and take up no room at all!), usual plastic & a few notes.

In my pullover (Paramo Mountain Vent Pull On) - iPod Shuffle (4gb version)

Regards

Ian

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...A japanese holster tie is simply what I call it for making a name sake purpose. It's a tying method which is used to tie the sleeves up on a kimono or hatori etc before a samurai enters into a duel. It is tied as thus...using a two metre cord and usually in red...
Take an end and grip it in your teeth, drag the under side of the left sleeve and drag it with the cord up your left under arm till the cord is tight against your arm pit, from here pass the cord under your arm up across the back and over the right shoulder blade, change hands and now drag the cord up the right sleeve, under the arm again and up to the left shoulder and tie to the end that was in your teeth..."

A video demonstration can be found in the first thirty seconds of this video. I have used a piece of cord tied in this fashion to keep my passport and cash hidden and secure under my shirt while I traveled in far off lands. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE