in your pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
When out in the woods I usually prefer not to use my pockets since I'm worried stuff will fall out and get lost. In my pockets on any given day I usually have my Altoids tin "survival kit", keys (with a firesteel and SAK classic), some form of pocket knife, wallet, cell phone, notepad and pen.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
in my combat jacket?
this will be fun:
1x leatherman core multi-tool
1x small first aid kit
1x survial tin
1x brew kit
1x chemlight
1x tactical jack "protector 3w" torch (flashlight)
1x first field dressing
5x chemical hand warmers
1x reel carriying assorted cordage and bungee cord.

the brew kit consists of:
3x sachets of sugar
1x "golden vegtable soup" mix
1x "tomato and beef soup" mix
1x "drinking chocolate" mix
1x sachet of kenco coffee
1x 44patt metal mug
1x block of kendal mint cake ready
4x sachets of instant coffee
1x light my fire spork (gotta have something to stir it with)

it's also got a poncho and survival bag saftey pinned into the lining.
I don't usualy bimble around with this lot (it's flaming heavy for starters) it's set up for a planned scout camp, where I will recieve about 20mins notice of it happening (just enough to fill out the forms appropriately) and then bundle into the scout leaders car, to be dumped at our local scout site with whatever we are stood up in, to "survive" the night.
obviously bags are forbidden (as is webbing :() but the jacket......

a more normal load for outdoor stuff would be a lighter, penknife, plus whatever other stuff I've shoved in a pocket (cord, torches, rubbish, dead batteries, live batteries ect ect ect) and sometimes an FAK. my leatherman and torch live on my belt, everything else theoreticaly live in my bag.

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Have pimped my field jacket a bit. Sewed two pieces of paracord on the internal pockets so I can secure kit to them. Can fit a maglite in the pen pocket and by cutting the thread 'divider' will keep a Silva compas quite happily. Thinking of putting pertex as a shoulder liner. Also thinking of putting in a 'holster pocket' for my mora. Have a small firelighting kit, will have a small FAK and have a small survival kit. Reccomend the small US aircrew waterbottle for water and have muslin for filtering, insect net etc. Will make bivvy bag out of parachute nylon and have a taped up survival blanket. Wish I had my old thermoflect blanket, that would make me quite happy.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm off for an overnighter this week and just sorted out my pocket kit.

Belt
Leatherman, mobile phone + spare battery, MP3 player, small fire kit and K&M match case. Standard leather belt.

Trouser kit (M65's)
Nylon wallet with credit card, £50 cash + 5 20p coins
Spare gas lighter
Small FAK and personal medication
Pack of chewing gum
Zip lock of Murry Mints
Button torch round my neck
Baccy tin,,,,,,,,, full of baccy.
Zippo

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
I have in my right trouser pocket
my keys that include car,front & back door key,
a swisstech utilikey,
a Bison monster cache capsule with survival kit(saw, fishingline,weights& hooks, needle and thread. storm matches and cotton wool balls for tinder)
cheap single AAA torch
a small compass.

in my left pocket I have
18pence in change,
a pair of X large Nitrile gloves
black biro.

Shirt pocket has
another biro
phone
Pad of paper

rear pocket has a micro wallet with bank and ID cards.

My every day every where kit. (Usually with slightly more cash though)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
rik_uk3
Why the murray mints? added moisture retention for the mouth like the gum or different reason?

A bit of that, plus the sugar boost, plus they taste nice. I always carry some sort of hard sweets or maybe wine gums with me on a trip; not a full bag, maybe 10 or 15 sweets in a ziplock.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have no pockets suitable for carrying things (other than my hands) so I use a bum bag.

my woods gear is similar

any pics of this tie? (I have seen it in prints...its demonstrated in `Spirited away` too) I have no access to video here

St Samwise

Jun 20, 2009
penrith
it really does depend.

For work
Buck Vanguard Rubber on the belt
a zippo
a few feet of bailer twine
WAM foxcall
FAC
keys
wallet
watch
Radio
Riflecraft custom .6mmPPc rifle with 5 rounds in clip and 5 in the cheek bag Leupold Mark four tacticle scope

As a beatkeeper on a grouse moor i carry stuff most people dont, hence the rifle and the radio, i also have more stuff on the MULE but that doesnt count, but i will say Kelly kettle, it is the oriinal god send

Samwise

May 28, 2009
UK
These are the items I always have on me. Other things are sometimes added depending where im going and what I'll be doing.

Zippo lighter
leather wallet
keys
opinel Nº8
pen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE