In the market for swedish mil smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
I was hoping i could enlist Some help from someone here. I have a SMS which was too small till i altered it and now it fits ok. I notice folks talking about M45 or M53 , something like that in terms of size. I'm looking for BIG. I was hoping that someone might live close to an army store or Genuine army store and be able to pick one up and mail it to me. I could paypal $$. If anyone feels this could happen please let me know.

cheers
bill

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm more than happy to grab one for you Bill, but I would have to have it mailed here first as my local shop is out of stock.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a problem finding Swedish smocks online and having them shipped. I have a problem knowing what i'm getting size wise. In North America when folks talk of swedish smocks there's also talk of the shoulder area /sleeve length being too small. I haven't seen this in the BCUK site so it got me to wondering if you guys are getting something different. Now most folks here are using them as a winter , breathable ,windproof, outer layer and so maybe that's why the need for a more voluminous size,,, . Maybe folks on BCUK are using them more for spring & fall,,,i don't know. Anyway i was hoping to find someone who might be able to buy in person so as to confirm the size. If not i may just fumble along.
cheers
bill

PS; i'm 182cm tall,,
210lbs,,
chest 106.5cm,
hips 111.7cm,
center of neck to past the wrist 88.9cm

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I bought the large size, not XL. I'm 6ft tall with long arms and 42" chest. Its plenty big enough-I can change mittens inside the smock with a down jacket on easily. The sleeves are just the right length for me and the shoulders seem big enough not to compress the down. Mine is the button up type and I bought it for the arctic to wear over all my clothing.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
hiya, i have swedish snow smocks/parkas for sale on ebay at the moment. i can advise you but don't want to be seen to be promoting et etc. so just email any queries thru ebay. seller name is the same as on here. i'll be listing other bushy stuff too. don't want to over do it as i don't know if i'm breaking any rules by mentioning it. best to have a look and go from there.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Thanks guys; i should mention i'm looking for an anorak style.
I have another question. Given the measurements i put up in the last post how would that relate to # 1 or #2 ,3,4 etc. or how do the numbers relate to L,XL, etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE