I'm interested, but !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So if the precious ring ended up in a volcano that would make me the hardy and resilient Frodo... so by that rationale that would mean you are.... :naughty:

No, I can't bring myself to say it .....

Smeagol

Nope - t'other ways around - you gave it to me - I destroyed it!
Shall we let the nice man have his thread back now? :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nope - t'other ways around - you gave it to me - I destroyed it!

There was no "gave it to you" as I recall, it was barely out of my pocket when you snatched it, and then bit it to see if it was real gold. I can still hear that maniacal laugh as you ran off muttering "My Precious" repeatedly.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Reverend G, this sort of thing happens here now and then. Granted John and I could settle it "outside", but I can't stand the sight of blood, especially my own.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
There was no "gave it to you" as I recall, it was barely out of my pocket when you snatched it, and then bit it to see if it was real gold. I can still hear that maniacal laugh as you ran off muttering "My Precious" repeatedly.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Reverend G, this sort of thing happens here now and then. Granted John and I could settle it "outside", but I can't stand the sight of blood, especially my own.

Look what happened last time.DSCF6665.jpgShot in the leg. :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bear in mind, if you are not comfortable with hundreds of others in the woods (and I'm not), it does not diminish you as a bushcrafter. There are many of us for who the hobby is about solo or family or small group activities - not enormous gatherings with catering and vendors stalls.

If you fancy it - go for it (and why not?), if you don't fancy it (as I don't) - so what? Mass gatherings is hardly what bushcraft is about at the end of the day.

You are in no way diminished as a member of this forum because large groups of people are not something you enjoy.

Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
He's not been the same since they made him a mod - tasers, thumb screws, racks etc - all part of their issue kit...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE