I'm camping tonight and I think I may freeze!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
stuartmac5 said:
Gonna give it a go tonight again,

Last night in a DD Camping hammock on the inside with an Airic mat and a snooza 300 sleeping bag was lovely and warm. woke up this morning feeling chipper and full of beans. it only got down to 3 oC which was higher than i expected.
one question? how did i start off 4 ft off the deck last night in the hammock and end up with my bum on the floor this morning? do the DD ropes stretch with moisture? :confused:
So how did you get on Stu?
If you have any queries about hammock camping, havea browse through www.imrisk.com. Theres a wealth of information - including hammock knots (use some good quality tape to avoid stretching and loosening) here - http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/speerknot.htm.
Also have a search on this site for my "Ogripod" idea if your doing things on a budget ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

stuartmac5

Oct 14, 2006
southampton, uk
I think the flat rope that came with the DD hammock stretched so much, as I had to make 1 long rope as opposed to the 2 shorter ones on each end, if you get what I mean. It seems to have stopped stretching so much now
I think I will replace it with paracord, Kitesurfing line or similar hi tech stuff.
Checked out out the Ogripod, truly awsome! :You_Rock_ I might even pursuade the missus to come out if she had one of them :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE