Ikea 9 hour tea light candles

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
As it says in the title.

I was in Ikea the other week and saw/bought their larger tea light candles. The advertised burn time of 9 hours is correct, because when I got home I tested it! Possible smaller alternative to the UCO candle set up.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I have just been given the UCO tea light lantern by santa!!! will these fit in do you reckon Simon?

If you buy the 'Knight Long Burning Tealights - 9 Hours Approx.' Qty 10, you'll find that they fit your UCO Tea Light Lantern perfectly, last longer than 9 hours...... And cost a quid a box! UK distributor website, here.

I found mine in a terrific hardware/India cookware shop in Camden, but they should be easy to find virtually everywhere.

x-F1-597389.jpg

Edit: I wrote the price of the Birthday candles which I bought at the same time by mistake, the 9 hour candles are £1:75 a box, not £1:00.

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Errr ............... the £15 delivery charge might rule out most folks - is there a way of avoiding it?

Er'..... Yes!
happy0123.gif

I found mine in a terrific hardware/India cookware shop in Camden, but they should be easy to find virtually everywhere.

My intention in posting a photograph of the actual item, and stating that I had found mine in a hardware/cookware shop and that they should be easy to find virtually anywhere, was to enable folks to recognize the 'actual' item, and to have an idea as to the type of shops in their area which may stock them.

I provided a link to the UK distributor so that they may be contacted to see if they could provide details of shops that they supply in one's local area.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Helix thats a great link mate cheers. If you ever go by that shop again and buy some im more than happy to cover the cost of any expenses you incur. Obviously as long as it doesnt cost more than £15... lol

Good find though.

I will give them a call to see if anyone here sells them maybe.

I wonder why they burn so long?

Cheers

Andy

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I wonder why they burn so long?

I reckon its because although they're the same diameter as the tea light candle supplied with the UCO Mini Lantern, they're 10mm higher.

Someone with more knowledge than me (that's everyone!) may suggest that the wax/wick combination increases burn time? :confused:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Or, it is nine hours for the complete pack of ten.

Actual test required.

Its that time again......
duh.gif

If you buy the 'Knight Long Burning Tealights - 9 Hours Approx.' Qty 10, you'll find that they fit your UCO Tea Light Lantern perfectly, last longer than 9 hours......

Actual test has actually taken place...... Which is how I know that they "last longer than 9 hours" each!
happy0123.gif

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Or even:

'Knight Long Burning Tealights - 9 Hours Approx.' Qty 10, you'll find that they fit your UCO Tea Light Lantern perfectly, last longer than 9 hours

I missed the 'each' in the earlier post and it has now vanished.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cool Ikea does it again! Ive got a small candle lantern that holds t lights, so I'll grab a pack of those next time im there.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
If your in the Bristol area, a shop called Rajanis sells these Knights 9 hour candles for 99p.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE