Ignitable fuse. is it legal and where to buy if it is??

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know a fellow with an annual licence for 10tonnes of bp :) He has a cannon :) and he needs a team of cannoneers.....if you're in Scotland, can drive, are reliably free at weekends, and are interested to be involved, let me know ?

M

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I know a fellow with an annual licence for 10tonnes of bp :) He has a cannon :) and he needs a team of cannoneers.....if you're in Scotland, can drive, are reliably free at weekends, and are interested to be involved, let me know ?

M

Lol cannoneers!?

Never knew there was a name for such a job. Sounds like mighty fun, I'm litterwlly at the bottom of England though.. So quite a drive for a man with no licenses!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Another thing I used to do was collect old fireworks up* and remove the label from the cardbord section, under that label is a section of blue touch paper that's not been burned when the firework was lit.

Not advocating this by the way, its just what did.

*Almost always "Airbombs" which to a young chap are about the only fireworks worth playing with. Ahem.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Another thing I used to do was collect old fireworks up* and remove the label from the cardbord section, under that label is a section of blue touch paper that's not been burned when the firework was lit.

Not advocating this by the way, its just what did.

*Almost always "Airbombs" which to a young chap are about the only fireworks worth playing with. Ahem.

So what is blue touch paper/what does it do?

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
So what is blue touch paper/what does it do?

Blue touch paper is just blue coloured paper thats been soaked in saltpeter then dried to use as a fuse on fireworks as far as I know.

Don't tell me you've never lit a firework? Its the bit that glows and smokes for a few seconds before the main powder catches.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Blue touch paper is just blue coloured paper thats been soaked in saltpeter then dried to use as a fuse on fireworks as far as I know.

Don't tell me you've never lit a firework? Its the bit that glows and smokes for a few seconds before the main powder catches.

Yeah I've lit a few, but its always been a green fuse then whoosh and boom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE