Ignitable fuse. is it legal and where to buy if it is??

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yeah, you know the stuff. Type of fuse used in fireworks, airsoft smoke grenades etc. Is it legal to buy and own?

If so where can i get a load?

Cheers!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ah! I did t know how to look for it but I just typed firework fuse and found a bunch of UK sites.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Any bit of paper soaked in a Saltpeter solution then dried works just like blue touch paper.

As a teenager mine was more Yellowpages Touch Paper.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Saltpetre is a brilliant thing :)

However, those commercially produced fuses burn with pretty accurate timings (thank all the gods :eek: ) while the diyyellowpagesrandomkitchenstring type are not quite so good at the peace of mind thing.

That said, one can become very good at getting one's fuses reliably timed within a second or so per 30. Careful weighing before and after the saltpetre-ing stage really helps.

M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Saltpetre is a brilliant thing :)

However, those commercially produced fuses burn with pretty accurate timings (thank all the gods :eek: ) while the diyyellowpagesrandomkitchenstring type are not quite so good at the peace of mind thing.

That said, one can become very good at getting one's fuses reliably timed within a second or so per 30. Careful weighing before and after the saltpetre-ing stage really helps.

M

An effective delayed fuse is an ordinary cigarette. Just light it, put it down, and lay the cherrybomb/M-80 with it's fuse about across the cigarette halfway down (for a 3 minute delay) or nearer the end (for a 5 to seven minute delay) That gives you the delay time to be out of the restroom and far enough away to have an alibi.

Or so I've been told :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've got about half a kilo of potassium nitrate powder, I used it to impregnate cotton rope when I made a batch of slow matches.

Is there anything fun I can make with it? I'll have a try making some fuses with it and I may have to buy a few rolls o the real stuff!

I also hear that it is LEGAL to make up to 100grams of experimental black power in the UK without the need of a licenses..

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Fuses? Black powder? Riot shields, crossbows?

Rucksacks next? :D

You'll be getting your doors kicked off dude by men with guns.

Your basically talking about bomb making materials.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Fuses? Black powder? Riot shields, crossbows?

Rucksacks next? :D

You'll be getting your doors kicked off dude by men with guns.

I get the feeling he's planning on living somewhere off grid without doors. Although that could lead to living somewhere where the uniformed staff closes the doors behind you. LOL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE