If you were not aware...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i found out today the shops were bought out for around £100,000 per shop each! :yikes:

that's including stock :shock: (someone has made a huge loss!)the stock itself must make a huge portion of that!

the most recent view in norwich is that "blacks" is going to move shop to the "Outdoors shop" as the blacks building is falling apart!

they now have no scouts equipment at all, they are turning down many customers daily!

as far as the staff can tell the shop is keeping the name and range of goods, and my old colluge says that he will still give discout to whoever asks!

worst of all they have been fitted with new computers which don't work! :rolmao:

and they now have a ski department....in norwich....without hills...or snow... :rolmao:

someones made a big boo boo! :nana:

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
I am not sure if its true, but I heard the high street Scout Shops just could not compete in todays "millets market" and rather than spend a huge amount investing in them they decided to sell them....the "management speak" is concentrating on "core business"

I believe this only affects their "public retail" outlets, and that they will still still stuff through "scout shops" based at scout hq's ect and I believe they have an online presence too?

Regards,

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE