If you like shotguns you might enjoy this...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
Its cool, but i really cant see the point in half of those rounds outside of military use...

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
why on hearth, nae, how on earth did you find this on youtube? what were you looking for!?!!?!?!?

the flachettes round is insane! good lord....

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Its cool, but i really cant see the point in half of those rounds outside of military use...

Home defense for some of them, i.e. the buck & ball and to a lesser extint the fleshets as some home invader wear soft body armor; conventional buckshot is also used as a hunting round for large game or as a defense against larger predators (bears) For others it is mostly a military application but legally the "militia" is every able bodied male citizen over 18 tears old according to the Supreme Court.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Home defense, what a laugh.

Buckshot is and long has been preferred because it doesn't go through the walls and kill the neighbor when you shoot the rapist breaking in. Shotguns were always what I advised people to buy for this when I was still a cop before I retired earlier this year. Still advise it for home use. Hard to conceal for everyday carry though so I walked my daughter through the process of getting her CCW lisence and like I taught her, "Nobody ever raped a .38" and always remember, "The police are only minutes away when seconds count."

Oddly though the military application is limited since shoguns are banned (supposedly banned) by the Geneva convention.

Last edited:

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
Why were all the different ammos fired at different targets? Surely to show how the different rounds act differently you need standardised methods, not showing us whatever they think looks best.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Why were all the different ammos fired at different targets? Surely to show how the different rounds act differently you need standardised methods, not showing us whatever they think looks best.

They're fired at the targets each round was designed for i.e. fleshets were designed for armor penetration so they fire at armor vests, buckshot, ball & buck were designed for impact devastation so they fire at ballistic gel, etc.

Besides this film is a police training film to teach cops what's out there that can defeat their vests, etc; not a sales advert film from the ammo companies

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
all i can say is, i want some!

This is the MAIN reason people get them (the application so to speak). Some people might ask what's the real application for a magnesium fire starter or charcloth tender when you can just use a Bic lighter. It's because starting a fire as a bushcrafter is FUN! Shooting these rounds is FUN! Is that really hard to understand?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
This is the MAIN reason people get them (the application so to speak). Some people might ask what's the real application for a magnesium fire starter or charcloth tender when you can just use a Bic lighter. It's because starting a fire as a bushcrafter is FUN! Shooting these rounds is FUN! Is that really hard to understand?

exactly, id love to see the reaction when somone turns up to a meet and blasts their tinder with one of these

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE