If you like shotguns you might enjoy this...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
They're fired at the targets each round was designed for i.e. fleshets were designed for armor penetration so they fire at armor vests, buckshot, ball & buck were designed for impact devastation so they fire at ballistic gel, etc.

Besides this film is a police training film to teach cops what's out there that can defeat their vests, etc; not a sales advert film from the ammo companies

Yet the ballistic gel was different each time it seemed, and why not fire the buck and the flechettes at the same target for a comparison, rather than one at a dummy (incidentally blowing the vest off from my memory) and one at a vest on a board?
The buckshot does this to a 3 inch thick block of gel, but the buck and ball does this to a foot of gel, I'd rather see the comparison of both in a foot of gel*.

*Measurements made up, but seem roughly to the scale I saw.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yet the ballistic gel was different each time it seemed, and why not fire the buck and the flechettes at the same target for a comparison, rather than one at a dummy (incidentally blowing the vest off from my memory) and one at a vest on a board?
The buckshot does this to a 3 inch thick block of gel, but the buck and ball does this to a foot of gel, I'd rather see the comparison of both in a foot of gel*.

*Measurements made up, but seem roughly to the scale I saw.

Gotta agree with you in that I wish that had used the same size gel block consistently. I can only guess that they weren't trying to show penetration but hole size and since gel is expensive they only used as mush as was needed. Still I'm with you on wishing.

But as I said; this is a police training film and it's purpose is to instill a respect for what can happen to them; not to make them subject experts. I think it does that adequately.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE