If you had £100 to spend.....?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
books books and more books!
as far as actual kit....hmm...
maybe a GB sfa or good knife. i.e a bit of kit that you'll keep forever and get serious use from. the GB stuff is awesome.
honestly tho - the amount of secondhand books you could get for £100 - no question!

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I had the same topic a while ago:
You can buy:
Axe
Folding saw
Compass
GPS
Books
Good hiking boots
Trangia stove
Knife
Tent
Spoon knife
More knives :D
sharpening equipment
PSK
First aid kit
Backpack

Michiel

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Something that affords NO excuse not to get out into the great outdoors?

Yep, that could mean a very waterproof garment here in the UK but so be it! :lmao:

Sorry! :slap:

Cheers

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Right now I'd want a set of sparkly new waterstones.

But if there's nothing you feel that you really need or want (i.e. need inspiration) save the money for a course or something! With most things I want but don't have the cash for, when I finally get the funds I find actually I've got on perfectly fine without it and didn't need it at all.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I have a pair of GTX danner boots on the way - £76 from the states (£150+ over here!!!)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'd go for some good quality boots too. If you've got no boots, you can't go out :D (well, you can - but I wouldn't recommend it ;)). If you've got some money left I'd go for a el (cheapo but good) quality Mora knife (although you can skip it, and go straight to using flint).

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
That longbow kit looks great. But if i had £100 i would probably buy a nice pair of boots and if you have enough left over a gransfors SFA. But remember these are things that we would all like to buy if we all had a £100 ;) . Buy what you think is best for you. :D

leon-1

Make an improvised clickstand + windsheild, buy a trangia burner (the civilian one is the best one). Get either a small zebra billycan or a Ti Mug. A frosts clipper as one of the best and cheapest knives that you will ever own. A fireball firesteel. A No'8 opinel folding knife. A cheapish folding saw, you can get reasonable ones from garden centers.

It is possible to buy reasonable quality axe heads from e-bay at low cost (yes they are old and sometimes a little rusty, but you'll learn a lot when refurbing), buy or carve an axe helve and fit it to the axe (this should solve some of the problems of the axe blade not being true to the axe helve).

This will probably leave you with about £40 quid for a pair of boots. Neil1 was telling me of somewhere that you could possibly get a set of Lowa renegades for around £40 brand new, the next time we speak I'll see if he still has the info:) .

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
jamie18thmo said:
Got a hammock, Golite tipi, bivi bag, but a bit lacking in the knife/cooker/boots departments.

In that case I'd probably go for a Mora knife, and Swedish Army Trangia ( as you can use it easily on an open fire too ) leaving you about £80 for boots.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Biddlesby said:
........................... With most things I want but don't have the cash for, when I finally get the funds I find actually I've got on perfectly fine without it and didn't need it at all.

I agree with Leon1 suggestions, but I think Biddlesby has made a very wise comment. I was told I was a kit junkie last night :eek: ......................
I just like good tools :eek: ;)

atb,
mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE