If I had a Million pounds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm not likely to get a million pounds any time soon, I don't play the lottery so it's to going to jsut arrive in my lap one day but I think many of us have a tendency to wonder what we'd do...So, what would you do if £1,000,000 arrived in your hands/bank etc out of the blue.

I'm not sure, i think i'd get my smallholding, pay off a few mates mortgages, maybe buy a place that we've got an option on in Canada. I'm sure i'd get some toys... and i'd get a personal trainer to help me get fit, I'm just so weak.......:buttkick:

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Pay of families mortgages, move to a larger house with a wee bit of land (nothing to huge), get meself a landy, wanted one for yonks, few toys etc. Might even get the GF an engagement ring :nutkick:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very similar dreams as yourself Tony

Pay off the mortgage, get that small holding in Scotland or the lakeside lodge in the Canadian Rockies and live a quiet but happy life.

I'd also buy myself a big Hummer and a small flotilla of kevlar canoes.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
ooh there's the dream isn't there? get out there into the wild!
i'd prolly buy a house by a lake both in the Uk and one in Canada, i'd hop between the two and i'd live quietly maybe do some volunteer work, i'd go on about a million bushcraft courses and get my skillset up and i'd probebly for a laugh open my own Airsoft site, something urban on brownfield land perhaps?
i would kit out one of the rooms of one of our houses as a decent music room, with recording equipment and whatnot.
if i had money left over i'd buy some woodland too, or buy alot of open land and speak with the woodland trust about creating a woodland on it :D

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Haven't a clue what I'd do Tone, no mortgage now and quite happy with my lot......probably be predictable though, it would go to family and freinds, savings, trusts for kids, etc,

forestwalker

Travel; skiing across half of northen Sweden this winter, canoeing in Cananananada all summer, try to get a dog team sorted and spend all of next winter outside as well. Visit my familly in between (the big bug with this unlikely plan). Perhaps do a PhD in Whitehorse?

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Kind of fancy setting up a place a bit like The Centre of Alternative Technology in Wales, but up here. Mebbe up in Scotland cos the lake district is mired down with nimbys who would oppose it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Kind of fancy setting up a place a bit like The Centre of Alternative Technology in Wales, but up here. Mebbe up in Scotland cos the lake district is mired down with nimbys who would oppose it.

Yeah, that would be sound :D
Quite fancy the idea of a centre for ancient technology too though.

cheers,
Toddy

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'd help the Boss out in a heartbeat, buy a house and a car, do another Master (military law - though that's already in the pipeline), do another bachelor and master (History), driving lessons for GF, pay off study debts, do some travelling - that's about it ...

EDIT:
forgot the Kifaru kit :naughty:

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Id give most of it away to my family who need it. Get a small house in the country not too far away and buy a nice car. Put the rest in the bank and carry on living my life, if I want something Id get it. Ive always wanted a small boat too. :)

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've only just started a pension, so I'd better invest a good portion of it for later on.

We've got two boys of 2 and 4 who already seem to have voracious appetites so I think I'd best invest the rest in pasta or potatoes for when they're older! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE