Identification help please - Apples?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I am revealed? I've wanted to dump the RV moniker for years.

Have a word to the backstage crew if you do, they’re good like that. :)

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Brian T, a good tempered old coot from Robson Valley, British Columbia, who is of an age where he probably thinks us lot are a litter of kittens by comparison to BC life, but is far too polite to say so. Wood carver and collector of different types of culinary salt.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thank you kind sir. Your cheque is in the mail.
Retired Bio professor having taught stud-nuts from Forestry professionals to Medical students.
Commercial pyrotechnics was a blast.
I shall speak to those behind the curtains.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Here's the link to the apple genetic history story. More than a thousand years ago.
Everybody inBCUK needs to read this to appreciate one of our best resources.
Nice find, reminds me of a story told by a Finnish botanist looking for ancestor apple trees in the Altai range. Locals tols him that they are everywhere in the that valley and they are wild. When he got there the first thing he noticed that the trees where in neat rows, so much for totally wild ...

Sloes, Rowan, Hawthorn, and Crabapples are in this category. Oh, and Medlar.
For Rowan one has to go and look for the right tree, surprising differences in taste, only waxwings eat all. One does not eat hawthorn!

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE