ideas please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Archy

Dec 28, 2009
Launditch
hi guys and girls i have been asked to do something bushcrafty for my local kids club last year we made whistles and it went down well the group age range is between five to sixteen with a few adults thrown in to help so i need ideas that are easy to make and keep the kids interested many thanks ARCHY

jmatthews

Jul 5, 2007
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Make some kites, i'm sure you could find a template/instructions on how to make a simple one on the internet. I remember a long time ago when I was in beavers we made kites and then all went out an flew them- and they worked!

James

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Make a Birch bark container?
Or what about one of those Birch pattern thingies that Ray made on the Northern Wilderness programme?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
how about tension trays a la toddy here

or the kids thread here has lots of resources

early in the thread there is a link to the scout base website if you can find it (i find it very difficult; not dyslexic friendly) there is some good stuff

how about potato: maps slice a potato and draw round the slices to make a map

story map making: the kids tell a story about them and there lives in the form of a drawn map

tarps and knots : den making

I might have some more can you tell me if your inside or out and how long your session runs for?

Last edited:

mattburgess

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Wivenhoe
5 to 16 - Huge age range here! If I was a kid (and now!) I would love to have seen fire from friction. Those weaved tension trays (Toddy post) look very achievable and useful, friendship braclets are pretty easy and you can add beads and all sorts to make decorative if you want. As someone else has said any den/camp thing is great for kids...of any age!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE