• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Awood

Sep 10, 2020
Staffordshire UK
New to forums, sorry if it's in the wrong place! Could anyone please tell me that kind of army sleeping bag I have? It's a dark green, 3/4 zip down the front, has a good with drawstrings, quite heavy guess between 2&4 kg and has a couple of internal pockets. All the label sais is 'sleeping bag', that is is made by poly warm products ltd and has 2 sets of very faded numbers: j11 8465-98-976-9194 and c132a 3477. Thanks if you can help!

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
New to forums, sorry if it's in the wrong place! Could anyone please tell me that kind of army sleeping bag I have? It's a dark green, 3/4 zip down the front, has a good with drawstrings, quite heavy guess between 2&4 kg and has a couple of internal pockets. All the label sais is 'sleeping bag', that is is made by poly warm products ltd and has 2 sets of very faded numbers: j11 8465-98-976-9194 and c132a 3477. Thanks if you can help!

Sounds to me like a British Army 90’ pattern arctic bag. Any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
It sounds like the arctic sleeping bag or bouncing bomb we got issued. The NSN for that is 8465-99-978-9194 which given the fading on your label could be the same. Are the little internal pockets green mesh with a bit of cord looped around the opening?

If it is the arctic bag you're on to a winner, they are heavy as hell but I've never been cold in mine, bomb proof when you want to lend them out also.

If you're after a Bivvy bag to go with it I have a spare one going for £30.

Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth on knowledge to dive into here.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Yes, my old 90 pattern british bag sounds identical to your one, and was also made by Polywarm (actually, i previously had an even earlier example that differed only by being slightly thicker, had a longer zip, and was branded Mountain Equipment!). The little internal mesh pouches are for drying out damp socks overnight!

Lacedaemonius

Sep 5, 2020
Hertfordshhire
From an ex-Infantryman, I can indeed confirm its a 'winter doss bag'. (Bag, Sleeping System :p )
I'd suggest not using a compression sack on it, get a bivvy bag and put it into that, pack it in your backpack by forcing it into all the nooks and crannies to avoid dead space.
Not to mention that over time the compression sack damages the stuffing of the bag and causes it to bunch up and leave thin/empty areas.
whatever you do don't wash the bugger, unzip, turn inside out and air it outside :)

Reactions: Laurence Milton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE