Iceland Trip Need Clothes!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Went to Iceland a few yeas ago, it was amazing!

Blue lagoon is worth a trip
dog sledding is also fun
Check out the horses, one of the only places in the world where they have 4 speeds!
Drink the Blevan (Black Death) ice cold, have a shot ready immediately after you have tried the local shark meat (buried for 3 months, then hung for 3 months).

Also for kit use http://www.endicotts.co.uk/index.php, kitted my wife out with wool thermals from there which she loves! Last time I was in Kev had some lowa mountain patrol boots in (surplus but very good nick), which is what i used in Iceland and they were perfect. Best to give him a call, as he has loads of stuff and can advise well plus if you mention you were recommended here I am sure he will give you a good price

merecat79

Dec 3, 2008
Earth
cool, thanks for the recomendations atross! i hadnt though about dog sleading, that would be fun. Bleven sounds very good, I must try that- nothing could be stronger or worse an yet timelessly classic as our local Spingo brew here in Cornwall :D not sure about the sharks meat though....hmmm....buried..ewwwwwwwwww.....

i will check out that surplus place, i found out Liddles do good thermals apparently! an i have bought a jacket fom ebay :)

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
The shark meat is an acquired taste! As is the Blevan, apparently it was there attempt at controlling underage drinking, up until the late W's it was the only alcohol you could buy. Theory was that kids wouldn't be able to stomach the stuff. This approach has turned the icelandics into hardened drinkers so be warned!

I have just asked the wife what she would recommend

Skid-doing and tractor tire sledging, was a very crazy experience the icelandics have no concept of health and safety!

Also a trip to see the geysers! They are quite something see second largest in the world apparently.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I can't believe I never posted on this one before!

My wife and I went to Iceland for our 10th anniversary a couple of years ago. Absolutely loved it.

I really recommend the Blue Lagoon, the Golden Circle tour ( includes the geyser and Gullfoss (sp?) waterfall. There is some really interesting food, the icelanders really love their hotdogs, and I enjoyed the "puffin buffet" - more than the puffin did anyway.

Don't be overly concerned if the icelanders get very very drunk and rowdy, its something they do every weekend but there doesn't seem to be any trouble like you get in the uk.

As an aside, we liked it so much we are going back this year and Mr's withdogs has a birthday with a zero at the end. We plan on climbing HEKLA an active volcano. Now that I am pooping my pants over!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE