Ice marbles

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oooh :( That could be really nasty.

I know that ice frozen into dagger shapes are as effective as a knife, and melt to leave no prints.....but forensics now note the extra water in the wounds, and can analyse source and impurities.....Son1's good friends with a coroner.

atb,
M

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
sorry a bit off topic but my dad used to manage a paint ball place in northern ireland and they had to build an armoury for the guns with a ex army major to be licensed for them as the terrorists used to freeze the paintballs and kill people :yikes:

i've heard some utter rubbish in my time but that takes the biscuit !!

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i've heard some utter rubbish in my time but that takes the biscuit !!

really have you run many paintball sites ???

just have quick google they are classed as a firearm needing a license and upto 2003 even sites were nt allowed to own or use them as they were used for none leisure purposes during the troubles there psni words not mine !!

so which bit is rubbish robbi ???

Last edited:

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
Got all excited when I found a balloon in a drawer, even more so when I discovered we do have food colouring:eek:

Filled the balloon and placed gently outside. Waited a day for it to freeze.

All excited I go out there wondering what I will find. It's still there and in one piece, yay the local cats didn't pop it.

I go to take off the balloon and.................................................

It's still water, no sign of ice even though it's surrounded by snow:lmao:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Got all excited when I found a balloon in a drawer, even more so when I discovered we do have food colouring:eek:

Filled the balloon and placed gently outside. Waited a day for it to freeze.

All excited I go out there wondering what I will find. It's still there and in one piece, yay the local cats didn't pop it.

I go to take off the balloon and.................................................

It's still water, no sign of ice even though it's surrounded by snow:lmao:

Snows an insulator - put it in the shade somewhere out of the snow.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
really have you run many paintball sites ???

just have quick google they are classed as a firearm needing a license and upto 2003 even sites were nt allowed to own or use them as they were used for none leisure purposes during the troubles there psni words not mine !!

so which bit is rubbish robbi ???

I suspect the bit about the terrorists actually using them.

Theoretically a paintball gun firing a frozen lump could be lethal, but it has never ever hit the news - the terrorists use bombs these days, not guns. The muzzle energy of a paintball gun is not a great deal higher than an air rifle. Not very lethal compared to an AK47.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I suspect the bit about the terrorists actually using them.

Theoretically a paintball gun firing a frozen lump could be lethal, but it has never ever hit the news - the terrorists use bombs these days, not guns. The muzzle energy of a paintball gun is not a great deal higher than an air rifle. Not very lethal compared to an AK47.

More likely a risk of them being used by the youths during riots - paint splats would ruin the vision for the police when they hit their visors/shields.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
That's nice. Back on topic.

Marbles now placed under the shelter of the canoe:rolleyes:

Sorry - I joined in the wandering..... Still not cold enough to try that here, hovering around 0 degrees, next cold snap I think I'll make a load and then put them in the garden a few doors down & tell their kid that giants were playing marbles during the night. Their Dad will join in no problem......

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
When paired with a catapult they work very nicely... I mean "could" work very nicely....

Aye, I think the old fashioned heave a brick or petrol bomb is preferred from those ranges though.... Although if in a riot I think a my gamekeeper catty & some lead balls would be my weapon of choice, once I'd run out of arrows... All theoretical of course.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
im going off what my dad told me and the fact he showed me the armoury they had to get built and the reason the police gave as to why they had to get a firearms certificate for the site to own the markers.
im just more annoyed to be told im talking rubbish and in fact lying about it on a public forum

i think we should get back to the original topic

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I would like this thread to 'Stay on Topic'.

I much prefer self moderation.

Thanks

George

Toys firmly put back in the trunk - back to the pretty sparkly marbles, looks like we may have a freeze tonight - although I hope not, the roads will be awful if we do given they're covered in slush at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE