Iain Banks

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just a short notice to let you know that author Ian Banks (Iain M Banks) has passed away from his cancer. His books will have been on many trips into the woods as I know a fair few of you read him.

Sad to see a talent like that cut short but he did seem to face his final challenge with courage and humour.

Thoughts to his new wife and family.

GB.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Courage and humour indeed - he even managed to get Jim Naughtie to sound like a good interviewer, and that takes some doing! As well as being a writer from the top drawer he was also very easy on the ear when speaking and sounded like one of those people you'd like to spend a bit of time with.

Ian Rankin paid him fitting tribute on the Today programme this morning.................a sad loss indeed..................atb mac

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Such a shame to go so young :( no age at all nowadays, and a man with a way with words.
Sympathies to his family and friends.

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Brilliant author. The books he never wrote will be missed as much as he will.

Harvestman, they did say on the Scottish news today that one book is due to be posthumously released soon.

I did like him as a writer and a personality. Sad news.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Can honestly say, hand on heart I have never read one of his books. A MASSIVE oversight on my part for which I humbly apologise. I shall flagellate myself accordingly later.

I just watched a 5 min interview with him on Youtube, sounded like a really nice bloke too and not the type to believe his own press releases. Sad loss at only 58.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE