I want some rain!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
We moved into the house about 3 weeks ago and while exploring the gardens I looked over the fence and found an unexpected feature. A small stream running between our property and the neighbours. While talking to our neighbour she mentioned that the stream was the lowest in years and it's usually 12-18" deep and sometimes there's fish in it. She said one thing she liked was sitting outside on a summers night and have the stream bubbling in the background. So bring on the rain to fill my little stream up. :)

Hey who knows if we get enough rain and some fish show up maybe I can take my handline out for a spin.:D

[video]https://youtu.be/NXgn6TTZ-9U[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/_u1cNEOszag[/video]

Hmm, seems I haven't got the hang of this embedding thingy...sorry.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Glad you are settled in THB. We've also moved & have a stream as our boundary, ours is running well being about 6" deep.

Rob

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Yes - REALLY dry and hot here - having to water the garden - of course we only get <25" a year, so no complaints re our excellent weather.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Now don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the great weather and being outside. This is the first time in a little over 13 years that I've had gardens to tend. I bought myself a mower and cut the front lawn today and plan to do the back tomorrow. It looks like the previous people didn't do a thing for at least 2 seasons so I have plenty to keep me happy as long as this glorious weather lasts. But I guess I cant have it both ways can I? gardening weather or rain for my little stream.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just seen this THB , Woodbury is a very nice place to settle for a bit. Well done and welcome to Devon!

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Just seen this THB , Woodbury is a very nice place to settle for a bit. Well done and welcome to Devon!

Thank you kind sir. We really lucked out in finding a nice house in a great village. To make things even better every morning a stable walk their horses down the lane and my wife loves horses...added bonus.:)

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
We used to live just down the road from Woodbury in Budleigh Salterton before we moved across the other side of the Exe. Have you explored the commons yet?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
We used to live just down the road from Woodbury in Budleigh Salterton before we moved across the other side of the Exe. Have you explored the commons yet?

:lmao: I wish! The only parts of Woodbury and or surrounding area we've seen so far in the Londis on Broadway and the post box in the village. The only trouble moving from one country to another is you have to give up so much that would cost too much to ship then you need to replace it once you've arrived. Every single day and I mean every day we have deliveries from all over the place we're on first name terms with most of the drivers. I have a stack of cardboard in my kitchen near four feet tall from all the boxes we haven't had a free day to nip to the recycling depot to dump it off. However once this has all died down my wife wants to go exploring which is something I won't be discouraging.:)

But at least I'm now and expert and assembling flat pack furniture. My wife found a company called Mercer Furniture and she loves their solid pine range. I've just finished a 5' kitchen table and 4 chairs, tomorrow there's a 3 drawer table and 2 bedside tables on the books.:sigh: I know it will end one day, but when.:confused: :)

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
:lmao: I wish! The only parts of Woodbury and or surrounding area we've seen so far in the Londis on Broadway and the post box in the village. The only trouble moving from one country to another is you have to give up so much that would cost too much to ship then you need to replace it once you've arrived. Every single day and I mean every day we have deliveries from all over the place we're on first name terms with most of the drivers. I have a stack of cardboard in my kitchen near four feet tall from all the boxes we haven't had a free day to nip to the recycling depot to dump it off. However once this has all died down my wife wants to go exploring which is something I won't be discouraging.:)

But at least I'm now and expert and assembling flat pack furniture. My wife found a company called Mercer Furniture and she loves their solid pine range. I've just finished a 5' kitchen table and 4 chairs, tomorrow there's a 3 drawer table and 2 bedside tables on the books.:sigh: I know it will end one day, but when.:confused: :)

I know that feeling... We moved last year and even bringing all our stuff with us it was a few weeks before I had a chance to get out and explore. The commons are a fascinating area, try and make a dusk visit to Aylesbere in May/June to hear the nightjars, fantastic birds!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE