I want a big knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i reckon you would want one of these, this is pretty much my main user these days.

0072-1.jpg

its a leuku i made for myself using a lauri carbon blade and heat treated birch.
it bites through wood like a great white bites through seals :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I was lucky enough to win this set from Man_of_Tanith in a comp, and it's brilliant, big choppy blade for cutting the larger jobs, and a small blade for detail work, you can get a nice whipping action on the biggun that really bits into the wood. I found this pic of the set at springfields.co.uk, no affiliation and havent used them so cant reccomend.
resize.ashx

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Does anyone know the thickness of the Martindale machete's and have you heard of Silverline Machetes and their thickness?

Thanks

Silverline machetes are really thin and flexible. Bought one the other day. They aren't sharp out of the packet but I'm sure it will take some sort of edge. For the £5 or so it cost, can't really complain

Bit worried about the "cryogenic" treatment - apparently they take it down to below -300F (which is - I believe - way below absolute zero!)

No its -184 deg C which is way above Absolute Zero which its impossible to go below hence the name ;)

not sure if deep Cryo cycle is beneficial to Stainless etc most only require -70to -100 deg C to convert the remaining martensite

deep cycle is used on carbon tool steels to give a very tough hard structure but requires very special equipment to do properly and is mostly used on stamping and cutting Dies etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE