I know its been done before, but let's see your knives!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Rather than rehandle the partial tang "moulded on" Moras I rehandle loads of full length stick tang Moras (mainly Jonsson Moras) like the classic red - great blades :)
The partial tangs rehandle OK but not as strong after as they were before - in my experience at least...

Hm..well I really like the shape and grind on the 510 but not so much the 'Ray Mears' logo on the side. So is there a way I can get the same blade but with a full tang and a new handle?

Does the classic red one has the same profile blade?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Hm..well I really like the shape and grind on the 510 but not so much the 'Ray Mears' logo on the side. So is there a way I can get the same blade but with a full tang and a new handle?

Does the classic red one has the same profile blade?

that would probably be a good bet to get a red handled mora or "mora classic" they are pretty good value knives

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
the blade is O1 4mm with home made yellow liners, 4mm brass pins and the handle it black corrian that Robbi gave me... the next one is for Robbi as a thank you.....

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
here we go, sorry that the pix are not great I am crap at indoor photography!
005-13.jpg

006-12.jpg

007-12.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-8.jpg

012-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
The best knife is the one you use.
These are the ones I use, from the left to the right the ones I use the most
DSC01072.jpg

The first one is homemade with a handle made of cork (I wanted a birchbark handle but my teacher said "no that's going to take to long" so I took the closest thing I could find). The second one is my old trusty mora:)
The third one is mostly used as a kitchen knife, see http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70460 to find out why. Nr4 is my backup EKA folding knife with a Fjällräven mark at the other side.
Nr 5 and 6, I found those two at one of the storingsheds at my grandparents place, nr5, the mora, has most likely been used by my grandfather or father, Ophhs that wrong it should be, has most likely been ABUSED by my grandfather or father at the farm :) but since it's a mora knife it's still going strong :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE