I hereby solemnly swear........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
That as of January 1st 2013 (allowing for mayan mathmatical error of course)
i shall only use one of two set ups/kit lists for the entire of 2013 (apart from if i decide to do a 15 or less challenge)
i shall not deviate from this list unless attending a meet (a rare occourance for me)
or if i am lucky enough to attend either the Moot (fingers crossed) or a course (not looking likely)
however when attending a meet i intend to remain as close as possible to the original kit list

my logic/inspiration for this?
i have so much kit and often get distracted by the shiny new toys i have gotten (sometimes inspired on here i confess)
if i limit my self to one of two kit lists then i shall in theory enhance my skills set and familiarity with the kit i own and have included in the two lists

*please note this is only a bit of fun/experimentation/ a laugh i don't want to be hunted by the bushcraft police should i give this up or get distracted by shiny toys*

Anyone else game?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No swearing allowed on the forum Sam :p lol :)

Seriously though, nothing wrong with that. I think were all guilty wanting to play with new stuff. Getting back on track and concentrating on the real reason we do what we do can only ever be a good thing. :)

Last edited:

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Sorry Mate,

I have far too many shiny toys to make this possible.

Also I can't see how I could use the same kit for February in Orkney, a weekend on your permission (see what i did there) or a weekend in the Lakes in August.

However I will enjoy watching you struggle, erm ... I mean your progress :).

Dan.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I've reigned it in for the most part and now use the same items over and over adding and taking away as needs dictate. I've also got to the stage of using everything I bring apart from the first aid kit over the last year or so. it's nice to know you're not bringing anything not needed and packing soon becomes a doddle when you know exactly what you're taking each time.

That said it's hard to avoid looking at other people's kit and wondering if it would be a useful addition to mine. Still haven't got a jervens bag so I must have more willpower than I thought!

Dan if i go further afield than my permissions counts as a meet in my mind. However i also always pack for the worse case scenario so in theory the kit shouldn't part much for anywhere in the UK.......

Mark excuse my language didn't mean to cause distress

chad i still have a way to go mate....although i too have resisted the lure of the jerven

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
personal goals and challenges are always a good thing, more power to you :approve: :D

Are you going to have a standing tool kit for on site projects?

That as of January 1st 2013 (allowing for mayan mathmatical error of course)
i shall only use one of two set ups/kit lists for the entire of 2013 ... >snipped short<

Is that with your Rocky Road Behemoth ???

fullZZZZZZTVC110504094836PDC.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :sad6:

personal goals and challenges are always a good thing, more power to you :approve: :D

Are you going to have a standing tool kit for on site projects?

yup however the plan is to have everything in one pack with maybe a swedish gas mask bag as well so Rugged River monster pack for winter/autumn/meets/long camps and smaller Rugged River pack for summer/short un's/minimal kit

how did you get hold of my holiday snap? i have lost a little weight since though.

once i have written the kit lists in my head i shall post em here.
i may even put some photo's in too

i will of course annotate it etc as i am that much of a nerd.......

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I cut down on my bushy spending this year too Sam, you get to a stage when you're happy with your kit and then after that anything else is just a luxury.

Good luck with it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE