I have a bat in my loft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We have three types of bats that we can recognise round here, but the local Rangers say there are actually twelve :dunno:
We've been lucky and they don't seem to want to come into the houses, but then, we do have the trees right next to us.
It's surprising just how tiny they actually are, and how even tinier a space they need to get into.
The Rangers said that they mostly roost behind pieces of bark round here, and you really need to know what you are looking for to find them.
I admit I haven't gone looking, but I do watch them flittering along the tree line, around the blocks of houses, and back in a sort of flittery loop, and am quite happy they munch the moths.
My hearing is pretty bad, but I still hear the high tones easily and I can hear when the bats are about. I doubt I'm hearing all of their sounds but I do hear the high pitched chirps and burps. It's fascinating to hear them with the bat recording machine though. The Rangers can interpret them, and a kind of raspberry/gulp noise is apparantly them guzzling a moth :)

M

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
I have a colony at the summer cottage, or is it considered as several as all 3 buildings have them in the dozens. Atleast the sauna has a breeding colony as we get to see stray babies at one point of summer.
I couldn't be happier about this and have instructed the family and quests not to disturb them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE