I.E.Bs in the Somerset Countryside (Improvised Exploding Badgers)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I took the dog (working strain springer spaniel) out for a nice long walk after dark last night through the woods and fields. On our return leg I could hear a slow, gentle rustling at the base of some silver birch. As the dog was “to heel” she didn’t investigate, but I though it might be worth switching on my torch. On doing so a large badger exploded from the undergrowth right at us and charged after the dog head on. The dog side stepped Brock and he carried on in the direction of the nearest sett. My springer took chase but only for 4 metres or so as I called her off.

My thoughts are that it was lucky she was obedient on this occasion, because although she easily outpaced him, I’m sure she would have had the badgering of her life if she had got hold of him.

Sorry about disturbing your forage Brock.............hc

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Something similar happened to me a few years back - jack russells aren't as obedient though and I had to collar mine before he got 'badgered'.

'My' badger was out at dusk though, which surprised me as I'd always assumed them to be completely nocturnal until then. We'd approached into quite a stiff breeze and behind a slight rise which explains how we'd got so close to him. He certainly appeared in good health and apart from being a bit surprised by us ambled off through a nearby hedge. At one point he was no more than inches from my leg as he ran past - amazing experience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE